Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Say I wanted to created a cursed item that changes a player character from male to female or have the whole group wipe and instead of a reload, I raise the group as undead forms of themselves and they have to fight through purgatory to get back to their bodies and revive themselves.

Just some ideas I had and was wondering if the DM has the power to make something like this happen on the fly mid game?

M
M
Isn't there some polymorph spell that changes the model of PCs and/or NPCs? If so, I guess the mechanics for what you asked for is present in the game.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Not so much a spell, but the shape shifting mask. And I'm sure thats entirely possible, you may just have to have a secondary character with the same stats as them ready to swap, then simply apply their control over it. However im certain you can set special effects onto items, so you can likely make a shape shifting pendant.

journeyman
journeyman
So instead of changing a PC appearance we give the player control over an NPC and "hide" his character? Did I misunderstood? That sounds a little bit clunky, specially talking about inventory or skills the player might have at that specific moment.

old hand
old hand
The GM should be able to apply a custom status that changes character appearance (e.g., like turning a character into a chicken, or any other race or monster).

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Baardvark
The GM should be able to apply a custom status that changes character appearance (e.g., like turning a character into a chicken, or any other race or monster).

I agree, they should, but this functionality is presently not in the game. "Chicken Form" is the only 'effect' you can add to a PC or NPC and there's no way to change the chicken form to an alternate form.

I wish it was just 'change form' as the effect and then you could select which form you want to change the player's appearance to with a drop down list under that. That way you could turn the player into a werewolf, a sheep, or whatever.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Just wanted to update this thread with something I noticed near the end of the live stream yesterday:

Near the end, Swen went into GM mode and placed down a dwarf. Then he opened up the Dwarf's info and there was a tab called 'appearance', which let you change his face, hair color, skin color, NPC clothing model pieces, etc. on the fly! Very nice addition to GM mode, might I say. There were some things we couldn't see down below, cause he didn't scroll down far enough to show them, but I wonder if "Race" might be one of them. I'd also imagine perhaps "Scale" could be in there. I guess we'll find out eventually!

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard