When you read me defending something this Stabbey lad said, you know there’s something wrong. Hell has just frozen over beneath us, basically.

But yeah, he’s right. Zombie is the most risible ‘racial trait’ of the lot – comic, only because it seems like such a blatantly rushed idea.

‘We’re running out of time. What do we give the undead? Well, the only one we actually thought about properly so far was the elf. The rest just got a few bits and pieces from the last game. Didn’t see too many complaints – they’re all distracted by the armour thing anyway. Maybe we just give this guy zombie?’

And boom: undead get zombie.

Ok, I have to admit that none of this surprises me. Divinity Original Sin is such a mixed bag of brilliance and bonkers that it would be kind of jarring for every idea to make sense. The roughness gives it character.

But it really does seem a shame that the undead get something so lazy as zombie as a main trait. The Fane character appears to be one of the more interesting of the lot, but I’ll be skipping him now for sure.

However, I do think there’ll be a tonne of rushed ideas in the release that are far worse than the undead getting zombie. And that it’ll be another year from now before we see the game we were supposed to get. That’s ok though. This will still be the best game released in a long long time, and they deserve their payday.

Patches are for free. And I’ll put money down on zombie not being an undead thing a year from now…