Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I dunno, doesn't seem that controversial; and whilst to a degree I sympathise with people who wanted their dark and mysterious character, they must've known that silly is what Larian often does. D:OS II is actually pretty dark and mysterious for Larian, but they wouldn't be Larian if they did the full-on grimdark thing. Which thankfully they didn't.

J'aime le fromage.
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
Originally Posted by vometia
I dunno, doesn't seem that controversial

1) That video was amazing. Thank you.
2) I pretty much agree with you. This definitely seems par for the course as far as Larian humor is concerned. While a dark and brooding librarian would certainly have been cool, I suspect that the slightly humorous version will be considerably more memorable and stick in my head.

It is certainly weird that the skeleton is not wearing a mask (she's clearly intended to be in hiding in the concept art), but maybe she shows up a couple of places and keeps trying to buy all our books. That would be quite endearing.

Kusaha #609840 10/09/17 05:01 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kusaha
The GOG community quite unhappy about the result (link) smirk It would be awesome if Larian would listen to the feedback and would make changes to the character accordingly, so she's closer to the original concept. (even if on a later date)

Seems a bit late for those changes.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by vometia
people who wanted their dark and mysterious character, they must've known that silly is what Larian often does.

We'll the problem is if the community would have wanted a "silly" character they would have voted on "The Doryld" ( 3rd option ) and that was the least voted amongst the three.

I really do believe that this is quite a big of a slap to the GOG community's face, not only the character design a lot different from the original artwork but it feels extremely generic. And if the different look wasn't enough they also made a totally different personality for her.

I love Larian and their games (I own all of them) but in my eyes they did a terrible job with this.

Kusaha #609851 10/09/17 05:36 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kusaha
We'll the problem is if the community would have wanted a "silly" character they would have voted on "The Doryld" ( 3rd option ) and that was the least voted amongst the three.

If they had chosen the silly one, it would have been VERY silly.
Now, I don't think the footage show that much of the character, as you talk more you may found out how really dark the character is, and maybe the silly part is a mask!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard