To be honest I am little bit shocked that I seem to be in minority with this. I know beauty is in eye of beholder, but as I said before to me elves here look absolutely hideous to my eye and when you play with character that you have to look through game you want it look something you like to watch or at least tolerate.

I really wish I could see elves like those who like them because then I could enjoy the game more, but I just can't. It just like someones favourite food make you gag, you know that person loves it, but to you it tastes terrible and you can't help it.

In this case where there seem to be disturbing things behind elves this time (cannibalism) I think it would have been much more interesting if elves would still look beautiful, now they look the part and you can easily believe they eat people.

I think sylvari is fine example that you can make species unique without making them ugly. Only thing elven about these new elves are pointy ears, without ears you could not even recognize them as elves, at least I sure could not.

I think I put game on hold for awhile, and no, this is not "change elves back or I don't ever play this game again!!!" hold, I just want to wait and see if someone makes mod that "fixes" elves for me (hmm, maybe this kind of is "change elves back!!!" hold...?), though seeing how many people likes new elves I am worried that there never be a mod. Mods or not I still play the game at some point, it seems far too good to pass and I loved first Original Sin.