Print Thread
M
Merak Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Hello all.
New to forum not to divinity. i do have a question though.

i have recently started this game and gotten few hours in.
i am playing with Lohse and spec her as a Summoner. i have found that i like Summoner. But i miss having a healer in the party as this makes me need healing pots too much witch is kind of a waste of gold in the beginning.

Now is it possible to both use healing and summoning magic or will i be too spread out then?

Should i start again, but use her as a healer instead?

veteran
veteran
Just cast a water incarnate and you have a healer?

addict
addict
You can get the Migo ring at the start from one of the early level 1-3 quests and have restoration to use until you learn restoration through hydrologist school.

Last edited by Ellezard; 17/09/17 03:38 PM.
G
G
IMHO those are two of the best schools to combine. Healing spells do not scale off of int, same as summons, so someone who is your healer / summoner not only gets enough to do to actually use all their AP, but also is still the most stat-flexible you can get. Sure you may be tempted to stack Int so you get more mileage out of the few damage spells Hydrologist and Summons have to offer, but it's not the only choice, you can also absolutely load up stuff like Con and Memory and have all the spell slots and health you could ever want, having a healer / summoner that just won't ever die and always has spells to cast. Their actual in combat efficacy wouldn't even be hurt much because honestly, if they always have summons and heals to cast, how often are you really going to have the AP for their damage spells anyway?

M
Merak Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I will try the water incarnate as i did not Think of this. I will need to check for a way to get water on the ground on all the combat as when i attack it is a random effect (Dimensional Bolt)

I gave the ring to the magister i´m sorry to say.

veteran
veteran
You could kill both to get it back. And you can still learn Hydro to learn for example rain.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Summoning has the skill Rally in it, which is an immensely powerful healing ability(recovers vitality based on the number of allies near the target), so you can get some healing in even without splashing into other skill trees.

As mentioned, Hydrosophist is a great skill to splash into, since it has all the other healing skills and allows your Incarnate to heal as well.

G
G
Originally Posted by Naqel

As mentioned, Hydrosophist is a great skill to splash into

I see what you did there.

M
Merak Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Thank you all.
I will think about how to proceed and i know i will not be a jack of all trade and master of none if i do go with healer (most likely save up gold to start to go healer)

A
A
just go summoner/hydro thats what i did and its amazing... get the skill water infusion if you must (water skillbook combined with summoner skillbook gives you water infusion) this allows you to have a water summon whenever you want and change your summon to water whenever you need.

and now that my summoning is level 10 i have the champion incarnate and even as a support character my damage went thru the roof.. my pet is clearing enemies like they are nothing while i support the rest of the team with heals and buffs.

dont even need to worry about the pet cus i can just cast soul mate on it so whenever i receive healing or armor he does as well.

on top of that my summon has more physical and magical armor than my entire party.. so its also our tank.

im playing online with other people.. and my summon/hydro was the winner in both arena fights so far... i defeated my entire party with ease... its always great when your friends are calling you OP.. lol

Last edited by Adrianna; 18/09/17 08:14 AM.
old hand
old hand
It's a great combi, I have it on Lohse, she has "good" connections to otherworldy creatures anyway. Although Summoner is, uhm, weak and doesn't need a nerf, does it, Adrianna? wave

T
T
Well, there seems to be bug - summoning ability shows "increase damage, hp, armor etc for 5%). But when you hover over soul-bond status on your summon, it actually shows 10% increase... smile

mfr Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by geala
It's a great combi, I have it on Lohse, she has "good" connections to otherworldy creatures anyway. Although Summoner is, uhm, weak and doesn't need a nerf, does it, Adrianna? wave

Shh! Don't say that. My thoughts on the Summoner originally were that it was as useful as a chocolate teapot, certainly at low levels. I don't want to go back to that situation.

Someone must have spiked her senna pod drink!
A
A
Originally Posted by mfr
Originally Posted by geala

Shh! Don't say that. My thoughts on the Summoner originally were that it was as useful as a chocolate teapot, certainly at low levels. I don't want to go back to that situation.

lol.. quite the opposite.. i managed to take on the combined efforts of my multiplayer team with my level 10 summoned pet...

the incarnate gets an absolutely rediculous boost in power after you reach level 10 summoning... went from having like 100 magic/physical armor and like 200 health.. to over 500 magic/physical armor and 600 health.. an absolutely massive boost which makes it the tankiest person in my group.. and its a pet... lol

and at least for now its powerful enough to rip off most enemies armor within the first strike unless they have some ridiculous amount of armor like 500-600.. but most enemies get absolutely butchered by my summon alone.

Last edited by Adrianna; 18/09/17 10:02 AM.
T
T
Makes you wonder, what made them do such powerspike at level 10, and just for one school...

It would be quite better, if incarnate was getting bigger according to you skills, not like this when lvl9-meh, lvl10 - OP

A
A
Originally Posted by TsunAmik
Makes you wonder, what made them do such powerspike at level 10, and just for one school...

It would be quite better, if incarnate was getting bigger according to you skills, not like this when lvl9-meh, lvl10 - OP

id guess because summoning doesnt scale from stats it gets a massive boost when you reach the final summoning level since it wont get any stronger from then on (at least not without + summoning items)

other schools benefits from things like strength/int but summoning does not.. id guess that is why the final summoning level is such a huge boost.

not to mention that after reaching level 10 summoning the creature you summon is different.. it is no longer just an incarnate.. but a "champion incarnate" its this huge massive behemoth/demon looking thing.. though its quite funny watching it climb ladders due to its massive size. (because it is normally taller than most ladders.. so watching it play the climbing animation to climb a ladder that it itself is bigger than is just hilarious)

Last edited by Adrianna; 18/09/17 10:29 AM.
old hand
old hand
Two hopes:

1. Hmm, nerf incoming? I don't hope so.

2. Does the lvl 10 incarnate make funny noises, like the small one? I hope so.

A
A
no it doesnt make funny noises like the small one.. it roars and stomps the ground ect.. and when you win the battle it like pounds its chest in victory.. its really awsome honestly.

Last edited by Adrianna; 18/09/17 03:13 PM.
A
A
look at my cute "little" guy.. isnt he just adorable? [Linked Image]

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard