Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
Let's not blow things out of proportion.
Here's a palate cleanser

enjoy trash 80s therapy

- your trash 80s therapist.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Warlocke
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
show me a specific group of people that don't have a toxic part of their culture and I'll admit they have a point, otherwise they're just pointing out "nerd" just to try to belittle someone.

I absolutely don’t think that is what they intended, I do t think it reads that way at all, and I think you are just projecting something onto the statement which wasn’t there.

Speaking as a nerd, nerds are well known for arguing and trying to always be right. It’s been that way for a long time.
I AM NERDICUS

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Warlocke
Speaking as a human, humanss are well known for arguing and trying to always be right. It’s been that way forever.

That's better smile

Also:
[Linked Image from i.gifer.com]

P
addict
addict
P
Have you never heard of the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory? It's not new.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by Piff
Have you never heard of the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory? It's not new.
Holy shit it's like the Ring of Gyges Thought Experiment and Stanford Prison Experiment had a baby.
And the result is that yes, otherwise rational and fair human beings become absolute monsters with anonymity and control over captives.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Sozz
Here's a palate cleanser

enjoy trash 80s therapy

In a thread that has taken the course this one has, I am absolutely not clicking on those links, because I don't want to get Rickrolled...

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by robertthebard
Here's a palate cleanser

enjoy trash 80s therapy

In a thread that has taken the course this one has, I am absolutely not clicking on those links, because I don't want to get Rickrolled...

😂😂😂

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by robertthebard
Here's a palate cleanser

enjoy trash 80s therapy

Some of us play three-dimensional chess

I think this qualifies as superliminal suggestion

Last edited by Sozz; 01/02/23 04:44 PM.
veteran
veteran
i love that song, so i don't mind being rickrolled lol

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
i love that song, so i don't mind being rickrolled lol

Same 😅

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
"nerds have always been this way!"

yeah, we have ... that doesn't make the behaviour any more appropriate.

gods forbid we try to be better people.

this entire thread is you folks masturbating about the freedom to dunk on someone instead of just ignoring it.

Last edited by pachanj; 01/02/23 05:05 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by pachanj

this entire thread is you folks masturbating about the freedom to dunk on someone instead of just ignoring it.
We just want to help that someone be "better people" :hihi:

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z

I can't speak for everyone, but I think a good handful of us aren't "masturbating," but joking around and engaging in some self-deprecating humor (at least on page 2 of this thread. Can't speak for page 1). Speaking for myself at least, I'm just having a laugh. I'm not even arguing anything. I don't even know what kind of point someone would want to make in this argument.

Well, I was using this post to highlight an observation about forum posts, message boards, social media, etc. in general. I don't think this individual is legit. I just don't buy it.
It's a bot, or an individual whose job it is to generate discussion.

Am I the only one that sees this over and over? Random new member, posts obvious or controversial question or statement, disappears while others comment and discuss or argue amongst themselves until they wear themselves out ;-)

I certainly wasn't trying to hurt the feelings of the new user who signed up to tell everyone the price is too high then disappear off the face of the earth....

veteran
veteran

before you initially popped off, there were 3 posts that mentioned some doubt as to why the OP didn't do more research. One was a bit over the top, but the rest were just laughing at other unrelated posts. "be better" is an extreme overreaction. You're looking for a reason to be annoyed.

T
Banned
Banned
T
Aha well It was not cheap but I bought for 60 euro BG3 years ago. Now what annoys me more that MMO Ashes of Creation with Unreal 5 engine to join ALPHA price is 500 euro and I am not kidding! Well and then I am nervous that Diablo IV will turn out to become pay to win which is a valid concern.

Do not dare to call me poor because I do not buy ALPHA access for Ashes of Creation MMO for 500 euro. I am not so interested in that game so I am willing to pay so much I could theoretically afford it easily.

Finally well at least I am not interested in Starcitizen MMO and have bought space ships for something between 50 000- 500 000 euro lol. I have a "poor"(he lives renting apartment, have very old car, have little amount study debt but not below official poverty line in the world) friend who considers me rich despite I keep telling him I am not millionaire and thus not rich and he knows I bought in December 2022 yet another apartment and that I am veteran landlord. However I have also investment debt and I am thus not millionaire.

This "poor" friend of mine have soon really big birthday and I am seriously considering buying Baldurs Gate 3 to him for 60 euro. He my "poor" friend played with me Neverwinter OnlIne MMO we played it over 1,5 years together before we quit. Neverwinter Online MMO is Action combat, but based on Dungeons Dragons 4 th edition and Forgotten Realms. We played it totally free and my "poor" friend have modest budget gaming desktop, but likes if games are cheap or free.

I wonder how those people feel who have used enormous amount of money on Starcitizen MMO and slowly they begin to suspect it will not have release date during their lifetime or it does release example in year 2035, but is not even near the HYPE.

Last edited by Terminator2020; 01/02/23 07:52 PM.
W
veteran
veteran
W

I’m pretty sure the only person talking about nerd culture always being this way was me and I was actively and explicitly advocating for people not behaving this way instead of engaging in toxic behavior.

Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Originally Posted by iBowfish
Well, I was using this post to highlight an observation about forum posts, message boards, social media, etc. in general. I don't think this individual is legit. I just don't buy it.

Am I the only one that sees this over and over? Random new member, posts obvious or controversial question or statement, disappears while others comment and discuss or argue amongst themselves until they wear themselves out ;-)

I certainly wasn't trying to hurt the feelings of the new user who signed up to tell everyone the price is too high then disappear off the face of the earth....
The best way to respond to spam or seemingly disingenuous posts (whether for humor or for trolling) is with humor. I used to get all technical or get mad, but now I realize having fun is better.

Originally Posted by Zerubbabel

The best way to respond to spam or seemingly disingenuous posts (whether for humor or for trolling) is with humor. I used to get all technical or get mad, but now I realize having fun is better.

You're probably right. Back in the day I used to moderate UO forums. That was back when we could laugh and tell people to GTFO with their BS!

veteran
veteran
You're probably right. Back in the day I used to moderate UO forums. That was back when we could laugh and tell people to GTFO with their BS!

Really?! I am sad that I never participated in those forums. I was too busy killing people with wands, looting the corpses, turning the bodies into jerky to eat, stealing house keys and generally being part of the problem.

Think of all the emotional damage I could have inflicted if I had taken a moment to really engage with people in those forums! Ah well, hindsight...

Last edited by Blackheifer; 01/02/23 10:38 PM.

Blackheifer
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard