Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Michieltjuhh
I then talk to Shadowheart (romance), Karlach and Lae'zel about it and
Shadowheart/Karlach completely flip their shit at me. Shadowheart was sweet as hell about it in the end of act 2 romance cutscene and told me not to punish myself for my past, now she does it instead. Karlach acted like the signs were all there when I've been resisting it all along. Meanwhile Lae'zel just repeated the exact same thing she said when I told her I was a Bhaalspawn. And what she says highly indicates that I supposedly did not resist the urges. No chance to reply to any of them either, just straight back to normal dialogue. Yes Shadowheart, give me a kiss after you just shouted at me from the top of your lungs.
Companions in camp had nothing to say. Was a bit unfortunate, had hoped for more and more appropriate interaction.

Lae'zel did the same to me. I was hoping it was a random bug, but seems not. Unromanced SH had the same reaction as yours. Romanced Astarion had nothing to say. But best part is that back at camp, Jaheira of all people didn't say a word.

Originally Posted by ghettojesusxx
...and took their own life in the end to ensure that the last remaining Illithid never has the chance to turn on their friends...

Small correction: Omeluum And who said he (she) is the only one? So, with that in mind, action kind of does not make sense.

Last edited by Amirit; 07/10/23 10:01 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Hi, just adding my opinion on Dark Urge.

I am on my 3rd playthrough and I have tried the DU this time in hope to see some interesting new scenes.

Yes, there has been some. I especially loved the scene when the DU is being tempted to kill their love interest (Astarion in my case, he is a great choice for the DU, as he also fights some inner deamons). But beside that.... It feels so incomplete and dissapointing due to lack of companions reactions.

In act II there is mentioned by several NPCs, that DU has been in Moonrise Towers before. The enemies in there (because I always play as the good character) greeting us like some old acquitance and no companion has anything to say to that? (Or maybe it was a bug?)

And the beginning of the act III. Meeting Orin for the 1st time and she adresses us as a sibling. And again... no comments from anyone? Really? Only one who had anything to say was Jaheira back at camp mentioning in one sentence, that Orin spoke to us in kind of 'familiar tone'. And that is all....

In the 1st act companions were commenting on practicaly everything and I know, that 3rd act is really lacking all the polishness of the 1st act, but at least some major events, like this one, might have some reactions from our friends.

Just like in my 2nd playthrough I am putting the game aside now at the beginning of act III. Since I know it is not getting any better and the end for the DU is going to be dissapointing, there is no motivation to finish the playthrough.

But as an optimist I hope Larian will do something with this. They do listen to feedback from fans (at least in some cases), so maybe in time, we will get the 3rd act update, which will motive people to explore it again.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Amarantina

I am on my 3rd playthrough and I have tried the DU this time in hope to see some interesting new scenes.

Yes, there has been some. I especially loved the scene when the DU is being tempted to kill their love interest (Astarion in my case, he is a great choice for the DU, as he also fights some inner deamons). But beside that.... It feels so incomplete and dissapointing due to lack of companions reactions.

In act II there is mentioned by several NPCs, that DU has been in Moonrise Towers before. The enemies in there (because I always play as the good character) greeting us like some old acquitance and no companion has anything to say to that? (Or maybe it was a bug?)

And the beginning of the act III. Meeting Orin for the 1st time and she adresses us as a sibling. And again... no comments from anyone? Really? Only one who had anything to say was Jaheira back at camp mentioning in one sentence, that Orin spoke to us in kind of 'familiar tone'. And that is all....

In the 1st act companions were commenting on practicaly everything and I know, that 3rd act is really lacking all the polishness of the 1st act, but at least some major events, like this one, might have some reactions from our friends.

Just like in my 2nd playthrough I am putting the game aside now at the beginning of act III. Since I know it is not getting any better and the end for the DU is going to be dissapointing, there is no motivation to finish the playthrough.

But as an optimist I hope Larian will do something with this. They do listen to feedback from fans (at least in some cases), so maybe in time, we will get the 3rd act update, which will motive people to explore it again.

I started a DU playthrough to get the achievement. By lvl 7 and to fulfill the requirements of the achievement, I had either run off or killed every companion in camp and every potentially recruitable companion so I am now running with 3 hirelings and since we have the magic mirror making hirelings customizable I'm having a lot of fun with the run through.

As DU and making certain choices, there a numerous cutscenes you don't see otherwise, at least not typically. And as for companion interactions, play enough runs and you exhaust them pretty quickly.

V
V

[...].

I think my biggest disappointment when it comes to lack of companion reactions is that no one cares when you find out that you
(together with Gortash) are responsible for this whole mess everyone is in. Like - seriously? DUrge is the person who put the Crown on the brain and no one bats an eye.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Veranis

[...].

I think my biggest disappointment when it comes to lack of companion reactions is that no one cares when you find out that you
(together with Gortash) are responsible for this whole mess everyone is in. Like - seriously? DUrge is the person who put the Crown on the brain and no one bats an eye.

Yes, absolutely! I am giving this playthrough few more hours, only until I finish Astarion's quest. And now I have stumbled upon this meeting with Gortash - that leaves in me even worse impression than the meeting with Orin. That one was just quick talk, but this.... such a long conversation... so much information about our involvement in the whole 'brain issue'... and nobody gives a sh*t about us being the source of it....

Act I was so amazing, Act II was also quite great, but this last one.... such a dissapoitment, not just DU reactions, but lack of companion's reactions in general...

I really love this game, I hope they will put some effort in making the last act as good as the previous ones.

Last edited by Amarantina; 09/10/23 06:06 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard