I'm not a fan of Malady, not only does she also possess the "incredibly smug, smarmy, with just a touch of mean" personality that like 70% of the npcs in the game have for some reason, she comes out of nowhere, treats you like dirt, and the game gives you no option but to follow along. It's my story isn't it? I get why you need to follow her with how progression is set up, but I think that's lazy. Its more satisfying to give each character their own individual reasons to progress, so they feel like they're motivated by their own desires. Instead they went with "You need to follow this half demon elf mega sourcerer because you suck and it's the only way to get better." That is not the theme I expected or wanted for my character that was supposed to be godkin, inheritor to the divine. I would go as far to say it felt like a slap in the face after what the events prior built up. Overall it just feels like a cop out for progressing the story that could be handled much better, and the smarmy smug personality really just puts into the 13 year old writing category.