Well one can assume that's the consensus. Was it really necessary? It can be hard to find any kind of usable gear decent enough to help you survive being hit once in a party possessing reasonable class composition.

I never once felt as I rummaged through 18-20 different containers finding only a single decent magical green item that 4 points in Lucky Charm had given me some kind of astounding advantage. Half the appeal of checking through the sometimes obnoxious amount of poorly highlighted containers and seachables in the game was the hope of finding something really worth while. The treasure hunting aspect in my opinion felt really good.

Did you consider what was being sacrificed by taking Lucky Charm over all the other valuable skills?

Who's immensely unwise decision was it to nerf? Put them to them to the cross and make them a shrieker.

By all means if you had some kind of wild experience where you found a blue every 4 or 5 things you searched feel free to disagree. I'm on my third play.