Next Thread
Print Thread
#841883 20/01/23 03:01 PM
O
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
O
Why do all the npcs want to shoo away all the rangers pets, they have no issues with the imps flying around from the warlocks?

thanks in advance

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
The reaction should depend on the animal. If we’re talking familiar-sized pets then people should be attracted to, eg, cats and I think ravens. Though if we’re talking about animal companions then the only ranger I’ve yet played called a spider and those they do run from. Okay suppose any giant animal might be similarly disturbing. I think they also react this way to summoned undead.

I think there’s the basis of a cool mechanic here that has NPCs reacting to your pets, with the ability to use those reactions to, eg, help your character sneak around unnoticed. But the way it is implemented is OTT and actually causes lots of strange bugs. I know I sent a long list when I did my ranger run a while back.

Hopefully the more buggy implications will be addressed in the full release and NPCs’ reactions toned down, without totally losing this feature.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
O
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
O
Thanks, yeah i can understand a reaction to a giant spider, but not the other animals. I havent made it to lev5 with the ranger yet, wonder what they will say then.

Thanks again

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Having used undead recently, I can say they will chase them for some distance. So you can pull NPCs away from areas or herd them somewhat into a group if you do it right. I used one in the Grymforge area near the trapped Nere to herd up most of the dwarves there into a cluster and then dropped a fireball on them. Had them all standing together trying to 'shoo!' my zombie and then, boom!

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard