When I first bought the game on GOG the day it came out, I noticed the stuttering right away even on the main screen and character creation screen. A couple of days later, nvidia released a new driver and Larian also released the first big patch. I installed both and it seemed the stuttering was gone! The character creation screen seemed smooth compared to the previous night when I tested it out. The first few minutes of the game also seemed fine to me.

Then there was a hotfix a day later. I don't know, but it seems some stuttering was reintroduced with that hotifx? I run the game and well over 100fps, but you can definitely sense these micro stutters when you pan the camera. Maybe it was always there and I just didn't notice it? Anyways, what I do know is that there was bad stuttering on day one and something was done to improve greatly it in the big patch. Now, it seems like it is back again. Even on the character creation screen again. Just turn the character with the mouse on that screen and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Core i5 4690K
Windows 10 all updates
GTX 1080 latest drivers
16GB RAM
Samsung 850 EVO SSD