Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 89 of 93 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 92 93
If Halsin is happy, it's okay, wood elves don't always have to be with several people at the same time when it comes to love, if Tav is enough for him, that's it.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by EdaLee
If Halsin is happy, it's okay, wood elves don't always have to be with several people at the same time when it comes to love, if Tav is enough for him, that's it.

bUt ItS tHe LoRe

In all seriousness Im pretty excited for playthrough #2 now, thanks guys for keeping it spoiler free but saying its better. I have some motivation to finish my current playthrough now. I have been very unmotivated to play for a while due to all this.

A
A
It's in the
new epilogue, if you tell him you would like it when he asks you to come visit. The narrator says you followed him in 10 days, and you show up to the party together as a couple.

Heads up, if you turn into a mindflayer
AND convince him to let you go with him, the epilogue acts the same as if you broke up with him after the netherbrain fight.

It has nothing to do with the lore, wood elves don't always have to have several, that was never the case, they're just not possessive and open.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
It has nothing to do with the lore, wood elves don't always have to have several, that was never the case, they're just not possessive and open.

No I agree I was just trying to be a smartass Im sorry lol

I am too laugh I got everything from Wiki and so, if the wood elves want more then someone will come along, if they want to break up just do it, they are not jealous and possessive.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Super excited to experience the ending for myself from what I've seen and heard about it.

My last two small wishes:

- They let the player express that they're not interested in dating anyone else when Halsin initiates the romance (strictly for RP purposes)

- Add an alternate way to trigger the drow backstory without having to do the orgy.

I'll be a happy Halsin camper.

Originally Posted by Cawyden
This is the version I got. I told him in the romance end I would come visit him.

In the epilogue it says Tav stays to help the wounded and after a tenday reunites with Halsin. And after 6 months Halsin (in bear form) comes with a letter and Tav pets him behind his ear I think and the letter is the invitation for the party. You can see both arrive there and if you talk with your companions you can tell them how happy you are with Halsin. And Halsin will tell you that he was worried you might be reminded of the great adventures you had and regret the quiet life with him and the children (and he is also worried because the children were not one night without him and Tav (he is not just talking about him but about both of you) and they will surely miss his bedtime stories...). You can tell him you are thinking he might missing his free roaming and he says he doesn't (sorry, was worded nicer, basically being with Tav showed him that he has all that he wants/needs and he is content and doesn't need to look elsewhere....). It is very sweet and you can get from it that after the initial 10 days that they were apart they have been inseparable for the last 6 months and together building a new home for them and the children and taking care of them. And he is over joyed if you ask the owlbear to stay with them. You can also hug him and kiss him (it is a very long and nice kiss I think).

So I was very happy with the ending - you still don't have an option to go directly with him but that isn't so bad anymore.
I am still in a process of playing the epilogue party, but I had the same scene. And I was shocked in a good way. I'm actually still in tears of happyness.
The possibility to be with Halsin, to have this great conversation with him. It felt like he found his thiramin in Tav, and "nature calls" him no more because Tav is his soulmate, the one he needed. I am happy, really. I love the hug and kiss scenes, they are so tender, filled with such love. I desperately needed it because I love this character with all my heart. Now Larian just need to add some extra lines to the last dialogue after the main plot to fill the hole.

Last edited by Noelle666; 02/12/23 12:06 AM.
old hand
old hand
I got to the epilogue (on my Gale-mancer), and it was wonderful! Halsin sounds so happy and looks great.

Loved the hugs and the duck. And the bedtime stories.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Just to be a lore nerd, wood and wild elves definitely *can* be monogamous, even if their overall culture tends not to be. For example, Kivan in BG1 is extremely dedicated to his (unfortunately dead) wife, and he's a wild elf.

Anyway, from what I've seen in clips of Halsin's epilogue dialogue, it seems like they took some of the feedback into account, which is nice to see.

Well, if Tav came with the desire to be with someone else, Halsin wouldn't have a problem with that and the same goes for him, that's the difference, even with soulmates, wood elves are supposed to be relaxed about it.

A
A
I am very happy to
have his depression (to use a modern word) acknowledged and addressed, while still leaving intact his vulnerability and concern for others.
Really well written, IMO. Color me pretty happy with what we got for the ending; Larian listened to all the Halsin enjoyers. I can't speak to the other issues yet but it's a huge improvement.

And I gotta say that all the same animations,
like for the hug,
also hit pretty hard if you broke up with him. Not that any self-respecting Tav would, but I tried it for science. You do get more information about what he has been up (for obvious reasons) and he
gives you a carved duck.

I can only wish the Minthara romancers get their complaints address in a future patch as well... even if I question their taste in companions.

Last edited by Asri; 02/12/23 04:42 AM.
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Asri
AND convince him to let you go with him, the epilogue acts the same as if you broke up with him after the netherbrain fight.

I think that is not intended, sounds like a bug.

Something else I noticed in the epilogue:

If after your initial conversation with Halsin you click on him again (to ask again for a kiss or hug or just to see what happens) he will actually joke that you can't bear to be apart from him - yes he makes bear jokes and you can even call it out and he will do another pun and tell you that the childrens humor is rubbing off on him.

And you can see him dance at the fire.

Last edited by Cawyden; 02/12/23 07:43 AM.
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Originally Posted by Filia
It's clear you don't waste any time coming to visit, and have made a life together.

Where do you read that Halsin and the Tav have a future together? True, he said the Tav can come for a visit and stay as long as they want, but still thats not a real "lets live together". Also, after 6 months of not seeing each other, I would have expected even more emotions, maybe even a final "I love you".

There is another version of the epilogue - if you tell Halsin after the fight you will come and visit him you will arrive with him at the party and with the exception of 10 days you have been together the whole time. Have a look at the spoiler postings, there are more details. But I only romanced Halsin solo - I don't know what happens if you are with him and Astarion/Shadowheart but I can imagine that could lead to the 6 months apart version.

Last edited by Cawyden; 02/12/23 08:07 AM.
So, I now know all his new dialogues. laugh

Halsin says “roaming... that impulse has dwindled” and he's not entirely sure of his feelings, but honestly, it sounds a lot like soulmates. smile It fits the lore and even wood elves.

Thanks Larian!

F
F
It's in the
new epilogue, if you tell him you would like it when he asks you to come visit. The narrator says you followed him in 10 days, and you show up to the party together as a couple.

Is this something that is datamined or is this already in the game? The only videos I found on YT are not showing anything of it and my savegame is broken and I don't feel like playing the whole game again just to see it.

Originally Posted by Cawyden
There is another version of the epilogue - if you tell Halsin after the fight you will come and visit him you will arrive with him at the party and with the exception of 10 days you have been together the whole time. Have a look at the spoiler postings, there are more details. But I only romanced Halsin solo - I don't know what happens if you are with him and Astarion/Shadowheart but I can imagine that could lead to the 6 months apart version.

Any chance you know a video of this version? Would really like to see it.

Last edited by Filia; 02/12/23 09:57 AM.

If you want to answer to any of my posts with just hate, please just don't answer at all.

If you want just to white knight everything and can't accept opinions, please don't even answer me.

Thank you!
A
A
I suggest not spoiling it for yourself, but (no affiliation):

Bring a Speak with Animals potion or skill; the dialogue with the owlbear is more "us" and less "Halsin"

Last edited by Asri; 02/12/23 10:27 AM.
F
F
Thank you, I was looking for the datamined line with "Don't be an ass, I come with you" or whatever it was.

If you want to answer to any of my posts with just hate, please just don't answer at all.

If you want just to white knight everything and can't accept opinions, please don't even answer me.

Thank you!
old hand
old hand
Halsin says “roaming... that impulse has dwindled” and he's not entirely sure of his feelings, but honestly, it sounds a lot like soulmates. smile It fits the lore and even wood elves.

He says this even if you're not romancing him; it's not specifically about sexual/romantic roaming, but it can certainly be taken to include that.

Originally Posted by Filia
Thank you, I was looking for the datamined line with "Don't be an ass, I come with you" or whatever it was.

That's apparently not in the game yet. Folks above are talking about the option which has already been available, the one where you say you'll visit.

Yes, it looks like he means the kids and his new home/grove too.

He also says “that I have found something worthy laying roots for”, that could mean Tav and the children, it won't be completely clear in the end, but Halsin has been like that the whole time. smile

Last edited by EdaLee; 02/12/23 04:08 PM. Reason: Edit
Page 89 of 93 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 92 93

Link Copied to Clipboard