Dear Larian Developers (eventually?) reading this forum,
I think we need to talk about your take on itemization, loot, equipment.

I won't mince words; I think in its current state it's a disaster.
Here's a quick recap on why:
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=624036#Post624036

The game is great, sure, but that's despise of your take on equipment, rather than because of it.

Now, what's genuinely perplexing to me is that this was already broadly pointed as one of the major flaws (if not THE major one) in the previous game.
Still, it's clear at this point that you aren't doing this by accident; you are purposefully sticking to your guns here and deliberately committing to a solution a lot of people didn't like the first time.

I could argue for pages on why that's a terrible choice.
Hell, I already did it in the past, the last time barely few days ago, as the link above shows.

But at this point this feels like beating a dead horse, and I don't think bringing this topic over and over among users (both the defending and opposing front) would be of any use.
SO, what I'd love to, instead, is listening directly from the "word of god" as TV Tropes would say.

TL;DR - Please, developers, find few minutes to chime in and explain to me (us?) why you are doing things this way.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN