Next Thread
Print Thread
#629152 10/10/17 07:30 AM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I feel like I must be missing something with this fight against Adramahlihk. I've been trying it for about 4 hours now and I'm stumped at how to beat this.
I chose not to douse the candles so I was expecting a very hard fight but... he just possesses her after 3 turns? And then she is dead for good? No matter how hard I try I can't break through his defenses that quickly. He always has a few thousand armor points left by the time he takes her over and I'm not sure that would matter anyway.
I'm level 20 and my guys are no slouches. No other fight in the game has given me this much trouble. Only thing I've seen online is how to cheese it by murdering him before he even transforms which... really?
I'm not even on tactician mode... just classic... I don't get it.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
It is a tough fight. In the end I had to "cheat" and initiated combat so I had a better chance of taking him out before he had a chance to transform.

J'aime le fromage.
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I just feel like it is incredibly overtuned or something. I even took out all but one of the nurses before the fight with him even initiated so I felt like that was ideal but clearly not enough. Just crazy that he controls her so fast. If it was one turn longer I might be able to get him on lockdown while sacrificing my mage to his minions but I'm not sure.

old hand
old hand
Yes, that's how it goes. Without weakening the boss, you have around 3-4 turns - depending on whether you can disable the boss or not - before he possesses Lohse. If you check the journal, this means you have lost Lohse for good.

You need pretty good builds/tactics to take him down before this happens. Normally in a fight like this, you'd focus on the mobs first, then turn to the boss. But in this particular fight, you have to go hard on the boss.

If you have weakened the boss, though, you don't have to deal with this issue.

Or, another way to beat this is to kill him without letting him transform at all. You just need someone with Initiative high enough to go first, then disable the boss (polymorph, sleep, etc.). Or simply kill him without letting him have his turn, of course.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Wow. Well that is just really damn stupid.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Have you tried Equalize? Level 3 Polymorph. Used it in the final battle to great effect.

After the demon's first turn, your guys will probably be near death. Equalize should take down his armor and health down to about half, and raise yours. Then proceed to beat the snot out of him.

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I haven't, no. First turn of the fight my guys don't really get all that hurt actually but I suppose I could use my other melees turn to beat on my polymorph guy. Haha

journeyman
journeyman
Strange, but I killed Daeva just in my first turn (tactician, solo)... And I never saw his transformation.
Something I would like to see in my next run smile

old hand
old hand
Something else that also works great on this guy is Forced Exchange (also level 3 Poly). It exchanges HP percentage between caster and target.

With Time Warp, my Sebille brought down his Phys Armor, and conveniently, due to his Retribution, Sebille would have very low health after that, too (I also needed Living on the Edge, in fact). Then I had her cast Forced Exchange, and that was pretty much it.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 10/10/17 08:41 AM.

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Very good ideas, thanks!

C
C
If you're not afraid to cheese, AOEs out of the blue are the way to go. Just hit him with hailstorm before the conversation even begins. That way his armor is deleted and he's knocked down. Teleport him to your group and keep him down with everything you have, ignoring his mobs. In his human form, he can be killed within one or two turns and the rest is more or less a cake walk.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I was able to get around the possession using an immune to charmed helmet (frequent Peace of Mind-ing would also work), the demon would spend every turn trying to possess her but couldn't.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
It seems to be a pretty buggy encounter. I have had it play out in three different ways across three playthroughs.

On my first one, in Classic, with a party of four and playing Lohse as a main, I doused all the candles but he still transformed into demon form where he had like 20k of each stat. The fight was ridiculously hard for my crappy party. I killed all the nurses, snuck out of combat and ressed up, then went to get another level and upgrade some gear. However, when I returned, fully prepared for the epic finale, he was still in demon form but only had like 3k of each stat as opposed to 20k so I killed him with absolute ease.

Second playthrough, dual Lone Wolf on Classic with no Lohse in party, I just kicked his face in. He did transform into the 20k stat pool demon form though but the fight was a cakewalk.

Third playthrough, dual Lone Wolf on Legendary with Lohse in party, I again doused all candles but this time he did not transform at all (I do not recall using CC on him) and I just killed him while he was in human form. I also got the achievement "An Apple A Day" for killing him, but surely I should already have got this on my first playthrough?

It's not fully consistent. I am playing on Honour right now without Lohse in party and will be leaving this fight till the very end (if I make it that far) because I simply do not know what to expect. Charm immunity will need to be a must. But I may just cheese him with the pre-fight hailstorm CC.

Last edited by Mermaid; 11/10/17 11:24 AM.
old hand
old hand
What you described is normal with this encounter. There is a bug where his stats (hp, skill ranks, etc.) will revert to his human form's if you save/load at any point after he transforms.

His "weakened" status only affects his human form stats. Which means it's easier for you to cheese him by killing him without letting him transform. Once he transforms, his stats will be exactly the same whether he's weakened or not.

Yes, Lone Wolf pretty much destroys this boss, even when he's in his demon form. Dual Lone Wolf is probably a bit overkill. I guess in your 3rd playthrough you got to go first and killed him (or disabled then killed him) before he transformed.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard