Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
I know, I know what u want to say, Of course there's a bunch of useless skills. Balance is totally broken.

But why do I mention only this?

Cause this is the most expensive skill.

It only deals 250% of your weapon damage and it costs 4 ap and 2 sp.

guys, there's a bunch of overpowered skill like arrow storm and meteor shower even more powerful in dealing single target than single target skill. Time to make it right

why just makes this cost one more sp and increase damage to 1000% of weapon damage in a single blow?

old hand
old hand
Yeah, the skill itself might already seem underpowered, but when you *compare* it to some other skills, like Arrow Storm, or Arrow Spray, it just becomes absurd.

Seriously, I get the distinct impression that this game heavily favors archer build. I say "impression" because I didn't have any archer build in my team last playthrough. But this one time, when I was around level 15, I ran into this lizard gal who threw Arrow Storm at my team, which does 16 shots in total, each shot crit for ~1k damage. So around 16k damage in total. And that was at level *15*.

Maybe ranged build is straight op because of the fact that you can't equip a shield, so you lose out on defense. But when you want to build a melee bruiser type who is not a tank - dual weapon, for example - you realize that, you might as well go with a bow if you simply want damage.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 10/10/17 09:30 AM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Bugginity
Onslaught is the most useless skill

Yes. Yes it is. I's literally garbage.

Flurry in DOS1 was ok but not best skill, not "master tier" as it was depicted, but somewhat usefull (you could still deal more damage with other means in melee), but this, this is just another level of garbage "master tier" skill. This is trash beyond trashness. Even if every strike would deal 100% of weapon damage, it still would be questionable, because it is actually not auto-attacks like in DOS1, but skill, and skills do not crit from enrage -> it would deal less damage than auto-attack with enrage for two-handed.

But as it is now...its beyond useless.

Originally Posted by Try2Handing
Seriously, I get the distinct impression that this game heavily favors archer build.

In DOS1 archers were very, very underpowered, even gimped. Archers are good in DOS2, but I don't agree with you here, two-handed-retards (like i am) are just as good at dealing damage and also have much more gapclosers than in DOS1 (where you only had 1 charge, now you have 2 charges + 2 jumps), but unlike archers, also have a ton of HP.

So I would say it's this exact skill problem. Archers are not being favored or anything. They are just fine now.

Last edited by SchrödingersCat; 10/10/17 09:47 AM.
V
journeyman
journeyman
V
I think bring the damage up to 75% per hit OR reduce the cost down to 2 AP + 2 Source (reasonable cost as i was able to down 80% HP in one use currently but the cost is quite absurb)
Also look like each hit CAN crit. In late game with 70% crit, you can down one boss in one use with this skill.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard