Just to let my "fan club" know that I have the proper basis for the custom crafting system.
Just 2 ingredients now, easy to add more.
I want to have as much as 5 ingredients, and gold as a 6th.

I am right now focusing on adding variables:
crafter skill level, recipe difficulty and knowledge, workstation quality, tools quality.

Next, I want to have a proper recap for the recipe, just before crafting, possibly some proper feedback.

I will then add recipe summary to the journal.

Results will range from critical failure (possibly harming the crafter, destroying the tools, definitely destroying the ingredients, applying the "stressed from critical failure" status to the crafter...), to failure (destroying the ingredients, not doing the final product, or a bad version of it, having fewer byproducts), partial success (crafting a poor or terrible version of the item, some byproducts), to success and critical success (better items, more byproducts, maybe even remaining ingredients...)

In this prospect, I need to learn how Larians randomized items system works, because this is definitely a must, especially in case of critical success.
I imagine a master crafter would have a little chance to create a really powerful item.

Cheers.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere