Originally Posted by Redunzgofasta
This topic title shows a significant amount of bias.
NwN or SCL? NwN of course.
But you might want to bring this topic to their forums, not this one.

I think you misunderstand what I was saying. I was speaking in euphemism. I.E. is the GM mode more NWN or SCL. I.E. a functional VTT / DM mode type simulation or a slapped together bunch of tools that really don't work very well at all.

I'm not interested in either of those platforms. NWN had its time and I used it to great effect. It is just painful that NOBODY has repeated that experiment in literally 15 years. It makes me sad because it seems like with the resurgence of interest in D&D since 5E arrived there is -a lot- of money to be made on this if you just want to look at bottom line reasons.

That is why I had (have?) high hopes for this aspect of DS2. Sounds like they still have some tricks up their sleeve so I'm cautiously optimistic. The game sold well but the main issue is as noted above you have a "window" that is critical to maintain interest and numbers. Once that window closes your are pretty much moving to SCL territory at that point and will end up another forgotten product.