Originally Posted by Yasen
I also find the lack of lore for a lot of what is going on around to give a rather bland feeling to the world.

I also felt disconnected from the world at times. Like literal Armageddon is happening in Paradise Downs - the ground has rent open, deathfog is spilling from the bottom, great upheaval, fire raining from the sky, oh, and the entire area is cursed with permanent decaying aura - and not only is it unclear why, Driftwood, the next town over, either hasn't heard of it at all, or else they don't think it's interesting enough to talk about. A merchant on the north edge just shrugs and goes, "it'll probably blow over".

I am a player am left bewildered. How am I supposed to feel about this when the NPC's treat it as just another day?

In Act 4, you hear talk about a voidwoken attack at the Dwarven wedding, but the guards outside don't seem concerned, the guard at the gate is still accepting invitations, the implication is that it was quickly quelled without much incident. But when you get in, you see a half-dozen bodies or more just lying there, and no one has shown any interest in even starting to clean them up. No big deal, just an attack which slaughtered half the guests, no need for the guards to get involved and do anything.

When you finally find Queen Justina, she argues that her actions, attempting to genocide the entire city of Arx was a preemptive strike because the Magisters are arming up.

They were? Like, that's kinda the first I've ever heard of that, except for ONE missable note in Act 1 where the magisters mention the Silent Monks might make good weapons in their campaign against the Lizard empire.

The game ties some of these personal quests as being important to the larger world, like the geopolitical situation between humans, dwarves, and lizards... but it never gives enough information on the larger picture to give players enough context to understand the situation. The Red Prince rules an empire, great, but what level of power can that empire project? Is it something to be feared if they get dragons?

How unified are the humans? They seem split between Paladin and Magister and there is no mention of any country or even a ruler? Is it supposed to be Alexander? Arhu? Kemm? I don't know, but I'm expected to answer questions about whether it's right to give the Lizards dragons or to genocide a bunch of humans as a preemptive, defensive strike.