Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
E
Bethesda is terrible, anyone would look like an angel in comparison. I could make a comparison with CDPR and then things wouldn't look so good.

People have been pretty positive, patient and forgiving I think. Can't be any more patient than this - the game is out. It has been released, I'm playing it and I don't have the time for multiple playthroughs. And currently, even after several patches (with the last one having more than 500 fixes) the game is still not in the best shape. I don't even want to think of the shape it was when they released it.

Can't play for more than 5 minutes without spotting something. Usually it's a small issue that detracts from the immersion, but they add up. And also more serious ones (bugs with quests, characters, spells, ending). And sometimes just annoying, like not being able to see your archived quests in the log - how can such an obvious bug still persist?

The writing, graphics, voice overs, music, sound design - all are out of this world good. Crazy amazing good. But the programming is lagging behind - sorry to say, someone had to. Most of these bugs could have been avoided with more careful programming, that's my opinion anyway as an amateur developer having perused the forums for the past few weeks.

The game feels like it's still in beta, most of my friends don't even play it anymore in the current state. If it wasn't for the story and the fact that Sebille is so crazy hot and now I'm getting kisses from her smile I would've stopped as well.

Everyone has been really positive in reviews, games like this are so rare we want the developer to succeed. Most people looking to buy the game have no idea of it's current state. I left a good review too, but I'm going to be extra cautious with my next purchase of a Larian game.

Hear ye, hear ye! Bishop Alexander was slain by seagulls! Culprits still at large!
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Rasikko
What I'm about to say is so true that it hurts. These guys from this company, have said and done more for their player base, in the short amount of time that their newest game has been out, than Bethesda has ever said or done for their playerbase with Skyrim in the last 6 years.....

These people have/is writing guides, maintaining a wiki, they have come into threads and actually TALKED AT LENGTH with people here... I wish as a TES fan that I had that with Bethesda.

You all really have it made and I beg of you all to be a lot more patient with them.

We are patient aren't we?

Originally Posted by Evangeline
Bethesda is terrible, anyone would look like an angel in comparison. I could make a comparison with CDPR and then things wouldn't look so good.

People have been pretty positive, patient and forgiving I think. Can't be any more patient than this - the game is out. It has been released, I'm playing it and I don't have the time for multiple playthroughs. And currently, even after several patches (with the last one having more than 500 fixes) the game is still not in the best shape. I don't even want to think of the shape it was when they released it.

Can't play for more than 5 minutes without spotting something. Usually it's a small issue that detracts from the immersion, but they add up. And also more serious ones (bugs with quests, characters, spells, ending). And sometimes just annoying, like not being able to see your archived quests in the log - how can such an obvious bug still persist?

The writing, graphics, voice overs, music, sound design - all are out of this world good. Crazy amazing good. But the programming is lagging behind - sorry to say, someone had to. Most of these bugs could have been avoided with more careful programming, that's my opinion anyway as an amateur developer having perused the forums for the past few weeks.

The game feels like it's still in beta, most of my friends don't even play it anymore in the current state. If it wasn't for the story and the fact that Sebille is so crazy hot and now I'm getting kisses from her smile I would've stopped as well.

Everyone has been really positive in reviews, games like this are so rare we want the developer to succeed. Most people looking to buy the game have no idea of it's current state. I left a good review too, but I'm going to be extra cautious with my next purchase of a Larian game.

Good point about Bugthesda. I don't know CPDR however.
I'd argue that the game does NOT feel like a beta to me - but it does need further polishing. Then again, what doesn't?

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
And there we go.

W
W
i hope they make a continuation of the story either in patch or dlc.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard