Wasn't sure whether to post this in Mods - Projects in Progress or here, but I guess this mod isn't technically in progress yet. This is a small document of my proposed changes, and all I want to know is if a mod like this is worth it to be made. I've played a lot of RPG's over the years and DOS:EE has always been my favorite, and while DOS:2 is a great game I've found progression to be dumbed down and combat too easy.

Combat has turned into more of a chore than something exciting, partly because of all the tooltip reading that goes on to see if you can do enough damage to break down their armor and open them to stuns (The only status effect that matters, because why apply literally any other status effect when you can stun just as easily.)

Something I find that made DOS:EE so good is that if I wanted an enemy knocked down, I use a knockdown and if that don't work I do it again. It was far more about tactics and intuition than numbers, while in DOS:2 it's all about numbers.

A huge limiter on how one can build their characters is the armor system; Battlemage is a stupid class for someone to go for and Physical rules all due to no enemies having any resistance to it. Synergy between your mages and your frontline was utterly nonexistant and reduced every encounter to a series of 1 vs. (enemies/4) , and the initiative system meant that the winning strategy was simply to have whoever goes stun the next in line en repeat.

There's a lot more issues but the end goal of the mod is to fix all of these issues. Not necessarily looking for feedback on the possibility of some of the proposed changes even being possible; I know some changes may need to be changed to suit the engine, but I will certainly do what I can. I've done a lot of modding before. I do have a second document for abilities and alike that's in a much more spreadsheet-y format but I'd like to fill it out a lot more before sharing that. Generally spells will be relatively familiar, but with several new additions and things like Battle Stomp will be moved to a much later tier.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CpiUjLEhm5p6f15dYkkf_MjIuS6qihQfUfctHeR6Gsc/edit?usp=sharing
Do note that everything here is subject to change (which is why I'm posting this here).

If the general concensus is that this is worth it then I'll make a post sometime later in the Projects in Progress forum. If you have any questions as to why anything in there is there or if something isn't clearly explained then feel free.

Edit: Updated document with new tab.

Last edited by BlueFeuer; 06/12/17 01:20 AM.