Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Are there any tips for controlling the camera better? It's driving me a little crazy having to constantly re-orient the camera as I move to see everything. Or having to manually move the camera view to see something just off screen during combat.

old hand
old hand
I bound Q/E to rotate camera left/right, and right-click to "toggle rotate camera". This way I could rotate by holding down RMB. Worked alright for me. The only downside was if my character was moving, the first right-click wouldn't toggle camera rotation right away - it had to cancel character movement first. Then right-click again and hold to rotate.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
E
E
I think camera needs tilting controls. Right now it's pretty easy to click elsewhere (not intended) because of how camera works.

Originally Posted by Tungsten Shark
Are there any tips for controlling the camera better? It's driving me a little crazy having to constantly re-orient the camera as I move to see everything. Or having to manually move the camera view to see something just off screen during combat.

What do you mean by 'better'? What exactly is the problem with the controls? WASD + mouse rotate works for me, but edge panning makes it even easier to use mouse only.

I'd be fine if we could see a bigger area, or have a setting for camera tilt or view distance.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I use right button for rotate as well (i switch alt menu to scroll button). with the right button and tradition move keys set to directional pan, it gets pretty instictive after awhile.

another alternative is set the camera reset hotkey to an easy key, then use it frequently to center your camera, and just use the rotate. camera will still follow your character, and you can rotate at will to see whats going on. I'm so used to the movement keys to pan I don't even think about it.

On another note, there's a mod that allows you to tilt the camera, and it's pretty effective. Uses the scroll button by default. check it out at nexus (it may be on steam workshop too).

V
stranger
stranger
V
I think it really is a true tragedy that gaming companies don't spend any real time into actually investigating how to make their games more ergonomic for the older population out there, this extends to other areas too... like the ability to modify text fonts.

The WASD movement scheme with a lazy trailing camera on movement out of combat seems like it would be an outstanding addition here... and require minimal work.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard