Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
OP Offline
E
Hello.

I was doing another playthrough yesterday and I managed to kill some of the Reaper's Coast nasties while being underlevelled. Here is what I did. The level values in brackets are my party level.

WARNING: Spoilers below.

[MORDUS][Level 10-11]
Get your way around him without initiating combat by moving to the left side. Follow cave until you reach a chest with a hymnal inside (requires Scholar tag btw). Initiate combat from above. I just knocked him down first and keep hitting him ignoring his minions (setting deflective barrier can be a good idea here for the annoying archers).

[Shark in wrecker's cave trap][Level 11]
This is the shark found while leaving wrecker's cave after getting the key for the "A taste of freedom/Lich" quest. Although I didn't trigger the trap by moving carefully, if you do, just teleport the shark to the side as soon as you can. INSTADEATH.

[Grog the troll][Level 12]
I killed Grog after a few retries doing the following:
Teleport a nearby green noxius bulb where he is. Ignite the fumes; be careful to not hit him (just the fumes). With luck, you may have several turns where there is no combat. If combat ensues, move your party away and keep burning/slowing him down. It is very important to be quick and avoid him to cast armor (you are screwed if he does). Then turn him into a chicken and hit him like there is no tomorrow (keep the burning up all the time).

[Lamenting abomination][Level 12]
You can come later if you want because this fight isn't offering that much, but if you want to try I just keep the thing knocked down and ignore the annoying wolves. If you are unable to keep it knocked down, you are screwed because of the boosts (void howls) imbued by the wolves. He hits like a fucking fret train.

[Alice Alisceon][Level 13]
I know this boss is optional (and one of the most cheesy fights in the game), but here it goes anyway.
You can either save everyone or just sacrifice someone to lure her out. Position your martyr above and keep the other members away from her totems but near each other.
Lure her out and make sure she cast the frigging fireball first turn. Then: very important: YOU MUST BLESS HER first of all to remove her PAIN AURA; if not you are screwed fast.
Then remove her physical armor as soon as you can and probably knock her down fast too. I turned her into a chicken which made things a lot easier. By all means, don't let her cast any magic at all.

G
stranger
stranger
G
What difficulty are you playing on? I am soloing, but Mordus keeps kicking my tail.

E
OP Offline
E
I am playing classic story mode.

BTW. Mordus fight is impossible if you enter via a different point that the one I stated earlier. I guess it's pretty impossible too for a solo player.

Last edited by eLPuSHeR; 16/01/18 07:01 AM. Reason: Addendum
G
stranger
stranger
G
I am thinking I can get it at level 12. Thanks for the response!

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard