Originally Posted by Lusia
Hi Norbyte. We are using your tool and trying to figure out how to add an item to our inventory. Somehow our quest got messed up and we need Leandra's Spellbook. What are the values we need to add to this item to have it appear in our inventory?

Hi Lusia,

I don't have D:OS installed at the moment so I can't check what value you'd need. The easiest way I can think of is checking the the UUID of the item template in the Divinty Engine, and replace the root template of one of your items with that UUID. Adding new items via xml modification is quite hard as you'll have to generate item handles yourself and update the item factory, so it's easier to just repurpose an useless item in the inventory.

Originally Posted by Tree

My only concern is that now my save files give the "tamper / corrupt" message upon loading. I imagine it is because the internal hash does not match now. I have not had any problems with the files, but wanted to check if there are any future problems that I have not considered.

Hi Tree,

In general the tampered/corrupted message occurs if a hash check in the PAK footers failed. There are several possible causes:
1) the file really is corrupted
2) it was edited with an old version of the exporter; versions before v1.8.3 did not recompute the archive hash, so after the editing the tampered/corrupted error was always there (at least in D:OS 2)
3) the savegame was modified previously, and the sanity check flag in meta.lsx was not cleared
4) I remember D:OS and D:OS EE having a different tamper check scheme than D:OS 2, so I'm not sure if v1.8.3 fixed it for the original as well, or only for D:OS 2

Is there a possibility that Larian might treat this issue differently in the future and block my saves?

They'll not prevent you from playing tampered savegames, as this kind of savegame modification worked for the last 3 years with no issues, and continues to work in D:OS 2 as well. They'll be unlikely to help though if you get stuck or encounter a bug with a modified savegame.

Originally Posted by tuna
thank you for the program norbyte. i could use this program but i broke my pc and had to reformate it. now it runs the programs but when i try to unpack .pak files i receive System.BadImageFormatException... what shall i do?

Hi tuna,

Can you paste the error message in full please?