Next Thread
Print Thread
#646530 02/06/18 04:47 PM
Tiqon Offline OP
OP Offline
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1401026340

From Steam description:

Halløj!

This time I made the Redbrand Hideout from Lost mine of Phandelver.

As always I tried to be as true to the original map as I could, both in the drawn map from the book but also the description (which didn't always match 100%). I added stuff, clutter, spiderwebs and such for atmosphere.

If you'r familiar with the orignal, here are some difference (I use the numbers from the original map) and why I made them so.

- I added some stairs to take you from 1. to 3. As you can't have multi levels in DOS2 (eg. you cant walk under a bridge that you can also walk on) this is the best solution I could think of. I also needed to add some clutter so you could NOT walk on the platform, as the point of activation of the stair gave me a headache (I will not go into details, its DOS2 technical), again this was a nessesary fix.

- I have not added the trap in 3. Adding traps inside the editor have given me problems before and it super fast to add some in GM mode. Also a pit(trap) is not pratical in DOS2.

- The hidden bag in the water in 1. is there, with a rope and all, I just made it not selectable, as it was to easy to find. As GM I would create a bag with the stuff, if the players mention it.

- No NPC are added. That is much easier in GM as that way you can tailor it to your power level.

- The entrances into the hideout are not working, so it will not take your players anywhere when they click it. My take on this would be to move the players manually when they complain it's not working. I do this in all my maps, so you can use the map for what YOU want.

- The hidden doors are not that hidden in DOS2, as you might know. Things you can click, light up when you move your mouse over it, so... But they are there and I tried to "hide" them a bit with clutter.

As always, feedback is more than welcome. And please tell me if something is broken. If you have a special request for the map, tell me and I'll see what I can do smile.

Tiqon #646560 04/06/18 08:30 AM
addict
addict
Ah memories! I almost died there in my D&D session... twice.
Great work, Tiqon smile

CTRL+K the elf
Tiqon #646604 05/06/18 12:57 PM
Tiqon Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks smile. The Redbrand ruffians can be a handfull for a party of level 2, with their 2 attacks... My players only had one close call though (I'm a soft GM) , and that was on their way out (they entered from the secret entrance). One of the players said "hey how about you roll with open dice Tiqon". So I did and so they almost died laugh.

Link Copied to Clipboard