Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Bard of Suzail
Bard of Suzail
Originally Posted by Tom Imp
There is no excuse we haven't seen a Hotfix for the PS5 by now. Tomorrow will be 1 full week since Patch 4 was released and it shouldn't take Sony that long to approve this. More likely than not Larian never sent them a patch to be released.

I have been in this industry a LONG time and can tell you it is VERY likely Sony has not yet released certification. I am not saying your wrong, but Sony is a real pain to work with for game developers. The only reason devs work with them is the size of the audience.

Last edited by Zentu; 08/11/23 09:33 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Thorvic
Best Advice i can gave yu bro.. Make a Safe Point Before Finishing te Gountlet of Shar.. and drop the game untill they stop wasting time with nonsense and fix the game for real.
(when they realize that nobody is playing the game anymore.. they will do something asap..)

Some times people only understand their Mistakes this way..
when evrybody gave up on then.

BG3 is in this moment the number 5 most played game on Steam, 121,371 players. (Most played single player game.)
3 months after release, and only on Steam, GOG and PS5 not even counted.

Good luck with that. oops

T
addict
addict
T
Becouse most of then never reach act 3 or the ending..
thats why things are this way yet.

(things are actually getting a turn to worse pretty fast, Bunch of People are hating Halsin and Karlach even more with evry patch they release, same is happening with the Hero ending.. evry day has a new post here or in Reddit talking about it..)

And Please admins im not saying that this situation its any fan foult..
this is Only Larian to Blame ok..
im not stupid, they have nothing to do with this situation that larian is creating..
(its like i said before.. its the same when yu love someone and they dont give a F. for yu.. and only care for others needs.)

Just Secconds ago Popped another one Hating Karlach becouse she broke the Romance with Minthara.. get it what im saying ?!
they are making the situation just worse for this characters for real.

Last edited by Thorvic; 08/11/23 11:10 PM.
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Zentu
Originally Posted by Tom Imp
There is no excuse we haven't seen a Hotfix for the PS5 by now. Tomorrow will be 1 full week since Patch 4 was released and it shouldn't take Sony that long to approve this. More likely than not Larian never sent them a patch to be released.

I have been in this industry a LONG time and can tell you it is VERY likely Sony has not yet released certification. I am not saying your wrong, but Sony is a real pain to work with for game developers. The only reason devs work with them is the size of the audience.

Looking back in this forum from Patch 2 to the subsequent hotfix and also Patch 3 and it's subsequent hotfix, both were exactly 5 days apart. Hell, between hotfix 8 and hotfix 9 it was only 3 days.

Granted, this is Day 6, but still, they've shown they can release the hotfix in 3-5 days.

How much longer do we have to wait to resume playing?

Last edited by Tom Imp; 08/11/23 11:50 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by ZOZO1006
My suggestion for the developers is they really need to add the option to roll back for older patches on ps5 and cloud gaming.

They do need a general roll back option for players to allow them the choice. I do not even see this option via Steam.

Definitely this.

Strangely my rolled back patch9 version is getting serious performance issue in act3 even though it ran smoothly before patch4 release. Not sure if it's because the manual roll back method doesn't cover all the aspects. An official way to pick the version we want to play would be nice.

As for the hotfix. Since Patch4 definitely broke more things in more complicated ways than previous patches, I'd rather wait longer if it means Larion release a hotfix that actually fixes the act3 performance/quest blocking bugs (also kiss scene pls).

J
J
While the PS5 launch has had some issues, the PC side has actually been solid. It is well past a beta and a decent game on the PC. Saying it should have never been released (I am assuming you mean at all) is a bit hyperbolic considering that the PC side has been largely a great release.

As for the number of fixes, the VAST majority of those have been dialog typo's and really very minor, things that did not directly effect game play in game stopping ways. The number sounds massive bit if you drilled it down to just "serious" bugs, the number is vastly lower.

I can't really agree with that. The launch was probably very solid, I mean, the game was running, performance on release version was good, I didn't have any crashes or major bugs. But each patch made the game worse for me and from checking the forums, reddit and Steam, I'm not the only one. On release day, act 1 was probably brilliant and polished, act 2 ok, act 3 a mess. Now everything is a mess. On patch 3 I had to stop playing and just reading about patch 4 tells me, it is not a good idea to start again, maybe over Christmas? But my gut tells me, I better wait for a definitive edtion, if one is planned.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Thorvic
Becouse most of then never reach act 3 or the ending..
thats why things are this way yet.

(things are actually getting a turn to worse pretty fast, Bunch of People are hating Halsin and Karlach even more with evry patch they release, same is happening with the Hero ending.. evry day has a new post here or in Reddit talking about it..)

And Please admins im not saying that this situation its any fan foult..
this is Only Larian to Blame ok..
im not stupid, they have nothing to do with this situation that larian is creating..
(its like i said before.. its the same when yu love someone and they dont give a F. for yu.. and only care for others needs.)

Just Secconds ago Popped another one Hating Karlach becouse she broke the Romance with Minthara.. get it what im saying ?!
they are making the situation just worse for this characters for real.
You make it sound as if there are dozens of Karlach hate threads. There is one and that person broke their game by trying to get Karlach, Wyll and Minthara in one playthrough with untested workarounds ( in this case kill Wyll and Karlach, raid the grove and then revive them). That can work ( the sheep method doesn't seem to break the game), but can also break your interactions, so this specific case is not Larians fault tbh.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Sorry but it is Larians fault
they made the game
they changed the way recruiting characters worked ... it was possible and the fact there is voice acting done for it means its not just some bullsshit from crazed fans but by design

the main issue is Larian has not tested their game and yes each patch breaks more games than it repairs... they are out of sync and its getting worse so the number of players that slug through act 3 to an endings are less each patch

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
Sorry but it is Larians fault
they made the game
they changed the way recruiting characters worked ... it was possible and the fact there is voice acting done for it means its not just some bullsshit from crazed fans but by design

the main issue is Larian has not tested their game and yes each patch breaks more games than it repairs... they are out of sync and its getting worse so the number of players that slug through act 3 to an endings are less each patch

Not like taht, it isn't. According to users, there are ways to get them all, but the OP in teh thread, we were talking about, was going with something else and yes, you can do a lot of cheesy stuff in teh game, but sometimes, you have to live with it breaking your game. That is imo not Larians fault. There are a lot of bugs and stuff, that is, but finding a cheesy way to get Minthara and keep Wyll and Karlach isn't. There is rumour, it will be implemented, but it currently isn't.

Doctor Who
Z
addict
addict
Z

Pls do something even Mortismal Gaming is saying the game is in the worst state. And for Crpg lovers this is huge.

stranger
stranger

The first part was already brilliantly answered by @fylimar, so about part two, do you care to provide any data to back up this thesis?

Z
addict
addict
Z
Originally Posted by Roland1405

The first part was already brilliantly answered by @fylimar, so about part two, do you care to provide any data to back up this thesis?
I am almost finished to upload the complete solo feedback video series. And that includes patch 2 patch 3 and patch 4.
Mybe tomorrow all will be uploaded. Then you can chek as a living proof of a downgraded quality with each patch.
Because oooooo BOY I was suffering after patch 3 and 4.
I almost gived up around elder brain the amount of stutter textures not loading even with high tier pc . At some pont I reduced the graphics but even that doesn't helped.

veteran
veteran

Pls do something even Mortismal Gaming is saying the game is in the worst state. And for Crpg lovers this is huge.

I like that review a lot, very nuanced and well done. He said, that he has performance issues in teh city of BG after patch 4, which is something, I sometimes experience: it works well for a while and then it studders in an area, I had no problem before.

Doctor Who
stranger
stranger
I am almost finished to upload the complete solo feedback video series. And that includes patch 2 patch 3 and patch 4.
Mybe tomorrow all will be uploaded. Then you can chek as a living proof of a downgraded quality with each patch.
I almost gived up around elder brain the amount of stutter textures not loading even with high tier pc . At some pont I reduced the graphics but even that doesn't helped.

But you don't have a high tier pc, you're playing on NVIDIAs Cloud-Gaming-Service GeForce now, and that means NVIDIA has a 4080 somewhere in a server farm a few hundred miles away from you.

Meaning your performance problems could have any number of reason outside the game or Larian's influence, like connection or streaming problems and more.

I play on a 4090 and an i513600k and I don't have any performance or rendering problems whatsoever. (Outside the fact that the city is just much more demanding than Act 1 & 2.)
And before you ore someone else points it out, I know that just because I don't have problems doesn't mean that others don't, I know that.

Thing is, that is also true the other way around.

Last edited by Roland1405; 09/11/23 09:44 PM. Reason: Typo
E
stranger
stranger
E

Z
addict
addict
Z
Originally Posted by Roland1405

But you don't have a high tier pc, you're playing on NVIDIAs Cloud-Gaming-Service GeForce now, and that means NVIDIA has a 4080 somewhere in a server farm a few hundred miles away from you.

Meaning your performance problems could have any number of reason outside the game or Larian's influence, like connection or streaming problems and more.

I play on a 4090 and an i513600k and I don't have any performance or rendering problems whatsoever. (Outside the fact that the city is just much more demanding than Act 1 & 2.)
And before you ore someone else points it out, I know that just because I don't have problems doesn't mean that others don't, I know that.

Thing is, that is also true the other way around.
I have 20 ping. And a stable 1000 Mbps connection.
If something is off with nvida the quality of picure will dropp.
For example low connect you will get instead of 4 k 120 Hz
720 p or lower so the picture that you are getting is starting to be blurry and brutally pixelated.

And even bigger youtube channel stated out that he had the exact same problem with BG3 after patch 4.
Before this I never ever had any graphical problems related to stutter or textures not loading. I also never ever had crash not even 1 time. He'll the bug report section is full with Ps5 players complaining about the same issue.

Last edited by ZOZO1006; 15/11/23 02:05 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Game is currently unplayable in Act 3. Larian, Darlings, please fix this. I know you're super excited about being up for Game of the Year, but, again, please fix this.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Act 3 still a broken laggy freezing mess, virtually unplayable, been like this close to 3 weeks now since that junk patch, what's up with the total radio silence

N
stranger
stranger
N
Currently unplayable.... Please we need an answer, we are not demanding an instant solution but at least not this silence

Yesterday I hit the act 3, I am enjoying this game more than any game in the last year, but my heart broke yesterday after being forced to abandon my travel...

Seeing here that this a 3 weeks old issue unacknowledged devastated me even more...

This only affect Gameplays started after the patch, my friend who is playing the game more or less at the same time than me started some days before and he doesn't have the issue.

Maybe not a lot of people has finished act 2 in this 3 weeks but now people are there o nearly there and this will become a really heavy thing

Please please please at least show some compassion and publish a communication to keep us with hope

T
addict
addict
T
Just Take a Time off from the Game Bro..
its the Best Option..
I stop Playing when they Drop Patch 4, i just tested Super Fast making a Speed Run just to Reach act 3 and Test the amount of stuff people were saying.. and yeah.
its Ruth to try reach the City for real..
(dosent Matter How i Try to reach the Fortres. from the Cells, From the Outside Stairs, From the Bridge dosent Matter.. i cannot Reach the Fortress without the Game complete Freeze and i have to ALt, Contro, Del or entirely Turn off the Pc to be able to do anything..)

The Players that are having a Normal Run Now are the ones that Run old Saves Before 4.0 as far as i understood the Problem.
Evrybody that started a New Run From 4.0 are having the Same issue in act 3..
actually in the end of act 2 yu Find the Same Problem if yu Save the Nightsong and Try to Storm the Castle with Harpers/Iron Hands..
Same stuff Happens when yu try to Get tru the Door at the Stairs..
if yu go Bad this not Happen.. becouse yu storm the Castle Solo with your Party.

And Reggarding what yu Say its True..
When i Beat the Game the First Time and Start to Talk About the act 3 and the Lack of a Closure in the Hero Ending..
Most of People did not even Had Beated the Game the First Time..
But Now.. Things Have Change and More People are realizing the real state of the ending of the this Game and that is actually pretty good
Most of yu are Wake Up Now.. and realized that things are Not that Good as they Say.
and the State of this Game Now in 4.0 its Just a Consequence of what they Did Wrong in 3.0
in 3.0 they Made the Game went of the Rails.. Now. Its full Broken.
evry Path and Hotfix they Released after 3.0 just make the Game Worse..
and they never Say or excuse from anything Wrong they did..
Thats so far its how larian Works as i See..
(remembers a Lot Rockstar they always do This..)

BTW im playing Since Lounch.
and Yeas.. Many of yu May Think that 3.0 was Good becouse yu Start To Play in this Patch.. But No.
in 3.0 evrything was already Broken
(Proof of that its the Romantic Scene with Shadow.. her hair going Black all around the internet.. and Many, Many, Many More Bugs..)
just Have to explore and yu will find More. trust me.. becouse i really did that..haha
and reporting the Bugs and stuff like that.. did not Help too.
Larian Only respond when they already Droped the New Hotfix or Patch..

I Belave that this weak they will Drop another Fix or Big Patch just for us to stay Silence and dont affect their Reputation.
(becouse they are Booming so Hard in the Media that if this Hit the Fun my Friend.. they are Done for.)
The Amount of Broken Stuff that Came in to Play in 3.0 Just Turned into a BIg Snow Ball and turn on How the Game is Now in 4.0 and Hotfix 11..
and they Keep adding useless Stuff instead of adressing the Bugs and Trying to Fix the Game first is just Making evrything Worse.
(first yu Always Fix what is Broken and Deliver a Proper, Full, Stellar experience for the Price yu Pay, then 1 year Later yu start to Increase in content the Game.. thats the Wise and Correct way of doing Things Larian.. nobody ever teach yu that ?)

Last edited by Thorvic; 26/11/23 09:03 PM.
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard