Maybe it's just the snippets I'm reading...

But I get the impression that Swen has absolutely no idea that MANY of the people who love the BG franchise have likely never played tabletop DnD and likely have no interest in doing so, and REALLY have no interest in playing a video game that's 'closer' to the DnD tabletop experience.

The beauty of the cRPG is that you don't have to bog yourself down with most of the things being discussed here. You can, as long as the game is made well and every resource you need is easily accessible in the UI. But it has to be a versatile experience.

@Nobody_Special, you mentioned you think it will be TB because of the difficulties going from 5th ed. to RTwP. I think the bigger point is if it's too difficult because of the complexity of the tabletop rules, then it won't matter which method is used. There will either be substantial changes that have to be made and it turns into something completely different, or it will be a convoluted mess where there's so many technical and insignificant steps involved, there ends up being no actual payoff {i.e. fun) for the player.

Also, you made the statement, "If you want the computer to control your character why even play?" Was BG, BG2, Torment, IWD, IWD2, etc not all about preparing your characters, setting up your spells, kits, and strategies, and then letting the computer "show you the results" of your work, I.E the Payoff? That's what BG3 should be about. Not trying to slow it down and make it like playing a board game with your family.

I'm sorry. This seems like it's not going well based on the statements I'm seeing in these interviews. And it seems like Swen is missing a serious amount of perspective required when making a BG game.

Hope there's more news soon.