Originally Posted by _Vic_
I found the combat in DA2 fun, a little repetitive but well made, but I think there are better RTWP games. In NWN-NWN2, for instance, you can sequence actions in a queue ( like spells or skills) and issue orders to your characters instead of making several pauses. Very useful for spellcasters and thieves.

And about good IA... well, I usually prefer to play the game, not watch the IA fighting, but I know many people do not like micromanage the party. Unless the game is full of trash mobs and repetitive encounters I usually prefer to handle the party myself. If you have too many fights that you won using auto-fight without issuing an order like in phone games I tend to get bored. I liked that in BG2 or Drakensang games you have to issue orders even in most random encounters.

Yep we all have our likes, but the moment I'm pausing a lot, I just want TB then. You say you would get bored and who I'm I to argue what you will or won't get bored of, but I see a meta where ones scripts/orders are carried out to your command and you tweak them if needed. I want my non-controlled characters to do their thing smartly, which I find that to be the key wording vs basic/stupid things they typically do left unattended while I'm controlling another, aka how Dragon Age's work mostly, DA2 more specifically. Trying to control too many characters with the status quo I think I'm just past that now, it feels like a UI/AI fail.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 24/09/19 10:57 PM.