Next Thread
Print Thread
#658101 04/01/20 06:54 PM
TaterPi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
60+ hours of gameplay just vanished.

I was playing a different game when my PC crashed for unknown reasons. Upon reboot, I launched D:OS and was told that I had to create a profile, which I thought was odd, but did it anyway. And now my old profile, old characters, and all of my progress is gone. I'm on Linux.

TaterPi #658102 05/01/20 03:09 AM
Support
Support

Could you have logged in to a different user account? That would give a different set of profiles/saves, and trigger a prompt to create a new profile if you had not played from that account before.

Check the save folder to see if the saves and original profile are there, but not showing up in-game for some reason.
In Linux the saves are store in the Home directory, '..\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames_patch' folder.
You can try searching your hard drive for *.lsv files, in case the saves got moved somehow.

Do you have any recent backups of your home directory, where you may be able to recover any saves?

For the Steam version, if you had cloud saves enabled, you can check in the Steam install folder, as well, since Steam keeps a copy of the profile and saves there, which it uses when syncing online.

You may be able to check / download online saves for the Steam version with the program Steam Cloud File Manager Lite (download); I'm not sure if it can be run in Linux. You need to be logged in to the Steam client and have the game's AppID (373420).

Alternately, you can log into Steam in a browser and use this link (this will also let you download saves, if available, but you would need to manually rename them, as Steam combines the path and name together for the online name).

Raze #658114 05/01/20 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by Raze

In Linux the saves are store in the Home directory, '..\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames_patch' folder.

To avoid confusion on the side of any novice Linux users here, I humbly suggest ~/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames_patch, because Linux uses slashes as directory dividers, and ".." would lead to the upper directory /home where the rest of the path wouldn't be valid.

For any novice Linux users who happen to read this: "~" stands for the current user's home directory. Instead, you could also write /home/<username> or $HOME (e.g. $HOME/Larian Studios/ and so on). In most situations and tools, all of these should work equally good.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard