Originally Posted by Maximuuus
This is a Dos-like game.
Pretty sure we'll change stuff every 10 minutes...

I wonder.
While the developer can STILL implement things poorly to some extent, D&D offers a very limited range to fuck things up too badly.

Let's assume Larian goes for "INSANELY POWERFUL" from D&D standards, we would still be talking about ranging from common items to +5/+6 items AT MOST in the end game.
This would still be leagues apart from DOS 1 and 2 where endgame weapons and pieces of equipment could literally end up being 100x more powerful than the basic ones, numbers-wise.

Baldur's Gate II (especially with Throne of Bhaal) was already insanely generous in terms of artifacts by D&D parameters... And frankly while a bit cheesy lore-wise I would still rate it as one of the best itemization systems in gaming.

That said, if they really want, Larian people could STILL make it annoying with a bit of their usual touch (I'm sorry, love the studio on its strengths but so far in their games they couldn't come up with a decent itemization/loot system to save their lives).
For instance they could still make random items pop up from every crate and drawer randomly every two steps, giving to the player a lot of unnecessary busywork if he wants to keep up with the game's economy.
Because some people don't realize that sometimes "less is more" and think we really need to find random trash at every step and replace it every two minutes to feel "rewarded".

Last edited by Tuco; 03/03/20 08:10 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN