Originally Posted by ThreeL
Originally Posted by Wiborg Sturmfels
Originally Posted by MaxBRN

2. It's a big deal to you, and a very vocal minority. It's a big deal TO YOU. And guess what? Most people care way more about a 5e DND game "Set in the BG world" (Which isn't actually a thing. Baldur's Gate is a city. In Faerun. It's been revisited in all sorts of other media, and those 2 games don't have a monopoly on it).

Are you able to quantify the "very vocal minority"?

Are you able to quantify the "Most people" who care more about a 5e D&D game?

I agree with you that Baldur´s Gate is a city at the Sword Coast in Faerûn in the Forgotten Realms. I also agree that it´s been revisited in other medias. It´s also right, that BG1 and BG2 don´t have a monopoly on it´s name. But the question is - at least for me - why is it called Baldur´s Gate III?

True.

And i would say most people dont care about an exact adaptation of D&D. For the people who want it: BG2 is obviously when you know D&D

Even Larian don't cares about an exact adaptation... They said it, video games is a thing, tabletop game is another.
They took what they can (or find cool to keep) and delete/modify what they have to (or find better to delete/adapt).

For exemple (I swear it is, not another message about RT/TB)
=> they find better to """keep""" turn base (""" because when you read the rules, it's not obvious that the feelings is turned base)
=> they find better to modify armors and weapons.

Annnnd... it's another conflict about the name of the game yea smile
I think i'll write it everywhere it is. Couldn't you just change this f**** name for us all just to discuss about your new cool game ? grin

Last edited by Maximuuus; 06/03/20 09:09 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus