Originally Posted by Ugmaro
Originally Posted by Kolpo
Originally Posted by Torque
How do you create a progression system that you look forward to withtout feats? I dont play 5.0e and have very limited knowledge of the system but I wasnt aware that feats were "optional". What did they replace it with? Thats really gonna suck if there arent feats in the game.

Players gain +2 to an attribute at certain levels(depends on class), if the DM allows feats can they replace this +2 attribute bonus with a feat. Some feats also give +1 to a certain attribute, you only "pay" 1 stat increase for those feats(unless you really don't want that attribute). Remember that pre epic you can't increase attributes above 20 and it is common to start with 16+ in your prime attribute.

I mean, I've heard of stories where the DM doesn't allow feats but that kinda seems... lame? I mean, if you're only playing an early level campaign I guess it could work out but the 7 APIs the fighter gets must be used for something and simply dumping them into charisma or some such seems really bad.

Originally Posted by _Vic_

If they apply the ritual casting feat in the game and if it is made as in PNP the ritual feat gives you a ritual book that you can only use to cast ritual spells, and you do not need to prepare them. you can learn spells if you found them, but only half your caster level max and they use the same attribute to cast it as the caster class you take the spell from (int for mages, cha for bards, wis for clerics and druids, etc)

I would just like to say that it's not half of your caster level - you can have ritual casting even if you're a non-caster. A level 5 fighter with the ritual casting feat can cast any ritual spell of 3rd level or lower (that he has in his ritual book ofc).

Any ritual from a particular class spell list, not just any class. Only the Tomelock can cast rituals from any class list.