I don't understand why is so hard to understand people asking a game of a series to resemble the previous installments of said series,we must be crazy indeed and we are ''blinded by nostalgia'' and a ''minority''

First of all YOU saying we're a minority is also an opinion. Want to hear a fact instead of an opinion? A lot of people everywhere is complaining about the same things,I wonder why. And you can come and repeat the same ''There's no consensus on original bg fans opinions'' mantra,but is nothing more than something you tell yourselves to fell better,there has been a lot of feedback on how BG3 can resemble BG1 and 2 WITHOUT taking any crazy measures making the game appeal to everyone but you just choose to ignore it and keep repeating your same old mantras ''it looks like DOS3 and that's a good thing'' ''It's only pre-alpha'' ''You want the game to look like a 20 year old game'' and plenty of other nonsense.

And while I agree is on pre-alpha and some things are bound to change is PRECISELY why is the perfect moment to adress this,not 2 years from now when the game is complete and not undergoing any more changes,really,it's not that hard to understand.

The only thing you do with your unreasonable fanboyism is giving BG original fans more reasons to keep ''fighting'' for the improvement of a new installment of a well known series of games. In fact,I considered myself quite neutral,but seeing such refusal when BG1 and 2 are mentioned makes me feel that most defenders of BG3 are just fanbois with the only intent of play another DOS game and that makes me turn my back on neutrality in favor of old BG people.

Originally Posted by Waeress
Originally Posted by kyrthorsen
Originally Posted by Waeress
Originally Posted by kyrthorsen
and you know that old saying: the customer is always right.

Well, that saying is not really true if it is meant as a carte blanche 'every (potential) customer is right', because every single customer and potential customer certainly can not be the person to decide what the product is or should be. That can in no way work.

No it was not meant as a carte blanche.

It was said by a person that has a lot of gaming history and experience specifically within the fantasy rpg genre.

Well, that is something that I have too. Over 30 years since I read LOTR for the first time as a little kid and over 30 years of gaming that has leaned a lot towards the fantasy and rpg games. And most of the things that you have listed and said from the posts I have seen is not what I agree with.

So, who's opinion of our two opinions is the one to listen to for Larian?

None,because one of their goals is to appeal to new players outside the genre and that's why they want to make the game ''approachable for everyone'' (Their words,not mine) They're well aware of what DOS2 fans want and they've delivered that already.

Last edited by Adgaroth; 09/03/20 11:41 PM.