Originally Posted by Tuco
Originally Posted by etonbears
The only justification Larian gave for 4 party size that makes sense was to prevent TB combat dragging on too much.

But as already pointed there have been plenty of other games that did six (or MORE) party members just fine.

Even specifically in the turn-based subgenre.
XCOM is broadly considered one of the most "fast paced" turn based tactical around and it goes with a six men squad.

Frankly, if the combat may turn into a "slog" is more up to the encounter design and how they'll manage and animate units, rather than a matter of having four party members.

No doubt they could make the change if they want; and I'm more for a flexible system that has no actual limit or suggested party size - whatever feels comfortable to the player is best. But that comes at a cost.

I get the idea from their communication so far that DA:O may be their inspiration for party/camp behaviour, so maybe that is where the 4 limit comes from. In all honesty, I'm not sure it's possible to judge a preferred party size without actually playing EA for a while, but a wider choice is always preferable.