Originally Posted by TadasGa
Vast majority people fitting into 2 categories is not the same as binary.

I didn't say it was, and repeatedly used the term bimodal.

Vast majority of people have brown/blue eyes. It doesn't make eye color binary.

About 15% of people do not have brown or blue eyes.
What percentage of people can not be classified biologically as male or female?

Development and personality are absolutely relevant in discussing sex differences

The discussion was the number of sexes, not the fact that there are differences between people of the same sex. There are many such differences, but not enough to create a separate biological sex or invalidate the concept of biological sex (those factors spread out the distribution, possibly quite significantly, but it remains bimodal for sexual characteristics).

...I think that was kind of the point of asking for overt politics not to be inserted into the game." I have never claimed anything like that.

I never said you did. That was what I thought was a very clear reference to the original post of this topic. Even if you missed that, I was in no way phrasing it as if it was your position.

Originally Posted by vometia
I'm not really seeing why not misgendering someone is considered a problem, though

The objection is generally about compelled speech rather than the need to deliberately misgender anyone, though some people have religious or other objections.
Accidental misgendering is easy if you do not know someone very well, or have known them for some time before they came out as trans.
There are also an infinite number of tumbler pronouns, and one advocate for Bill C-16 in Canada recommended using a phone app for keeping tack of the preferred pronouns of all your friends, co-workers, acquaintances, etc.
Generally if trans people are at all putting some effort into transitioning (even just socially), I think most people will make an effort to use their preferred pronouns.

People have put 'Your Magisty', etc, as their preferred pronoun when schools, etc, have made arbitrary pronouns an option.
Trolls on twitter have added they/them pronouns to their bios, and used that to get people banned when 'misgendered'.
Political activists are likely to use this to make political points, as has been done with the human rights tribunals before (going out of their way to create situations that can be used to punish ideological opponents).
Rules/laws intended to be inclusive are not used exclusively to protect trans people.