Originally Posted by Stabbey
It's not how many times you can cast it, but what that cast can do and how hard it would be to program it.

At the very least, Transport Via Plants, Programmed Illusion, Move Earth and Wind Walk would have to be out.

You are right. But some spells can easily be programmed. Eg

• Chain Lightning
• Sunbeam
• Circle of Death
• Conjure Fey
• Create Undead
• Flesh to Stone
• Mass Suggestion
• Psychic Crush (UA)
• Summon Fiendish Spirit (UA)
• True Seeing
• Wall of Ice
http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/spells:wizard

I saw all of this spells(except conjure fey) on other CRPG adaptations. Sure, some times they are much more limited than on P&P. Eg, Create Undead on Pathfinder CRPG allow you to create even undead war elephants. On Pathfinder Kingmaker, only living armor and graveknights

Originally Posted by Sordak
as Stabbey put it, its not about beeing able to cast one once, it sbaout haivng them at all.
It would be a lot of effort for osmething you bareley use.

Again, not include all spells from 6th tier.

The fact that you claim that 5e wizards are actually TOO WEAK not just proes my argument, but makes me think i havent been wording it strongly enaugh.

I said that is too weak compared to previous editions. Here is a 3.5e warlock that can deal 68d6 damage / round with Eldritch Glaive ( https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Eldritch_Glaive_Master_(3.5e_Optimized_Character_Build) )

And since he is a warlock, he can fly, teleport, grapples enemies with tentacles, transform enemies into toads, etc; with spell like abilities not restricted by spell slots. Compare to any pact of the blade warlock on 5e and see how 5e warlock pale in comparation. See i killing a BG2 end game dragon in less than a round on the original post screenshot.

And quite frankly, i dont think i need to reiterate that claiming that theres no disparity between casters and martials in 5e is ridiculous

I din't said that. I said that the solutions to this "problem" tends to be far worst than the "problem" itself. See nwn2 butchering of arcane classes. And in CRPG, damage becomes far more important than utility.

Last edited by SorcererVictor; 18/05/20 12:47 PM.