Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
lurning #854108 03/07/23 12:15 AM
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by lurning
Would the "Dungeons & Dragons : Player's Handbook" be a good substitute if Larian will not provide any form of manual?

As someone new to 5e for BG3, I’ve personally found reading 5e stuff online really, really useful in getting my head around the game, though you do have to stay aware that Larian have homebrewed a number of things so the game doesn’t always work exactly how you’d expect just from reading the 5e rules as written.

I’m not familiar with the PHB as a physical item, only with information from it that is published in various places and formats online, but from the latter I reckon that if you really like having a physical book you can read through to help you understand the game, it might help scratch that itch.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
G
G

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Grizzmyt

This is exactly what I do not want :P

Originally Posted by The Red Queen
I’m not familiar with the PHB as a physical item, only with information from it that is published in various places and formats online, but from the latter I reckon that if you really like having a physical book you can read through to help you understand the game, it might help scratch that itch.

Yeah that's what I thought as well. If anyone owns a physical copy of it I would love to hear their opinion on it.

Last edited by lurning; 03/07/23 09:08 AM.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
All I wanted from a physical edition was a printed manual. For me its the difference between standing outside a shop to buy it day one or maybe picking it up in a sale at some point down the road (I realise thats a weird hill to die on but i also preferred going to a video rental shop and coming back with a stack of tapes over just flicking through Netflix. I get it, im old and weird)

We've reached a point now though where, like vinyl records kids, kids just dont know they existed in the first place. There's another thread on steam like this one with someone asking for a BG3 manual, and the first reply is "Manual? Do you mean a tutorial?"

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
What about a strategy guide? With pictures, tables, and the like.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard