Originally Posted by SorcererVictor
catcyborg1 , i STRONGLY disagree with you. The DM cheating in favor of the party is not good, fun or engaging. D&D was best on 2e when people had like 4~5 backup characters to WHEN(not if) their characters die on low level and one among many manages to become really strong. That was so good...

That's fine, but not every player (or DM for that matter) has the same feelings as you do about losing player characters. That's not a problem here because of saved games, and so there isn't much of a need for the AI DM to smooth things out.

Did you played ToEE? BG1/BG2? You miss a lot on all of this games. I have a sorcerer with 7 DEX which missed 26 times in a row. The shooters where the first shots on the player always misses only serves to make the game ARTIFICIALLY easier.

You can see missing as frustration but i see rule butchering like sword coast legends as far more frustrating.

Some people enjoy being branded with white-hot pokers, but you should maybe consider the notion that white-hot-poker branding is not something that everyone enjoys experiencing.