> Honestly, it´s refreshing to have an RPG videogame with character creation and development that is not based in a straightforward skill tree with lots of pictures.

Considering how many games become gear playing game where your char DNA is 100% tied to his boots, i see even skill trees favorable.... Seriously, just look to Diablo. How a sorcerer(ss) become better at throwing fireballs?
  • D1 - Reading Tomes
  • D2 - Investing skill points
  • D3 - Finding a bigger and sharper axe

This point, one thing that 5e bough that i loved is the attenument rule. 4e was already a gear playing/barbie dressing game and it was so good... One aspect that i loved Gothic 1/2/3 is that you don't open a menu and learn magic, or how to do a open locks. You need to find someone able and willing to teach you. Corristo only agrees to teach magic to you on mid of chapter 2.

On Gothic 3, Saturas teaches the basics of water magic for you, ice lance, but certain spells like ice explosion requires that you find a specific water mage and help his research in a quest. And he will only teach end game spells like Time bubble and hailstorm requires that you side with Adanos ending.

Originally Posted by Madscientist
ad news: Damage was close to zero, well, it was a halfling with low strengh and no sneak attacks.

You min maxed your defense with zero regard towards damage and complain that you are dealing no damage?

the flasks did more damage to my party than to the spiders.

Bad positioning. And if i remember correctly the CLERIC on the camp sells scrolls of protection from energy

First encounter with the tech league on the world map

If you prioritize a target he will leave and you can solve the encounter by just talking

No, I have never played any dark souls game. I will not start a game that is famous for being very hard because I lack masochism.

Dark Souls is not hard. Is only hard for the people who "you should only play with a sword and no armor", my first build on DS1 was a spearman pyromancer so i had a easy time. If you use magic, long range melee weapons(spears), heavy armor, shields , summons and consumables, DS1 will not gonna be hard.

like RPGs because of story, characters and setting, not because I seek the ultimate challenge

I an different. I play for pure escapism. To fell myself immersed in another world. Is hard to detail why without entering in off topic territory but in nutshell, i hate my reality. I hate my country and i hate everything that happens to me. I live in a extremely violent and hot country, were despite being 1.84m tall(6' 1") with broad shoulders, was victim of assault attempt two times. One with a obvious fake gun and have hot weather, my skin is the type which only burns but never tans and due it, even going out some days is a torment. I even had cancer and a lot of troubles. Lost a job which i worked hard to get, got failed at college, lost my ex girlfriend and due the stress got hypothyroidism. When i finally was close to get a job in a colder country with better security and culture, i din't got hired due "diversity hiring", so in nutshell, my life is trash. But when i an playing a immersive RPG, i fell myself in another world and forget all problems that i have in my life. When i an playing VtMB as a Tremere i fell like i an a powerful vampire blood sorcerer.

Dark Souls has a good consistency on mechanics and lore and is immersive. Dying in the game is not a problem.

What i hate is when games makes difficulty as just stat inflation. That is a huge problem.

Last edited by SorcererVictor; 31/05/20 10:54 PM.