Originally Posted by Sordak
yeah exactly, you played 3.5 and now assume that every other ttrpg is also about math management.

No, i don't assume every other ttrpg is just math management like 3.5 was.

but it also did away with mechanics that worked for no reason other than accesibility. Gimping a bunch of classes in the process.
Theres no reason for Charge or flanking not beeing there.

It also fixed some important things, like casters getting cantrips that have unlimited uses. There is also official optional rulesets for things like flanking.

Tell me about the tactics you can do in 5e in low levels.
And i mean tactics, not strategy. Im not talking stuff like dig pits and set up traps before an encounter

There are plenty of tactics you can use. You can grapple, fall prone to impose disadvantage on ranged enemies, take different actions like disengage/dodge/dash, use a help action, ready an action, use area of effect spells/effects, use the optional flanking ruleset, who knows how many skill tactics you can use like intimidate, persuade, etc etc etc (innumerable possibilities), tons of tactics with feats. I mean the list goes on and on, it's up to the imagination of the player to utilize good tactics but there are PLENTY of tools there for that in 5e.