Good writing is possible without overblown inclusivity, and without pandering to the adolescent fantasies of immature boys. However, it is not usual to see it in video games.

The best way to deal with human sexuality in games is probably to write romanceable characters without any reference to the sex, or other characteristics of the player. That allows everyone to have whatever relationship in their head that suits them. It puts some restrictions on the way character dialog is written, but as the majority of dialog in games is not exactly Booker Prize material, I'm sure it doesn't impact quality much.

DA:2 does exactly that, and is probably the only facet of that game I particularly like. DA:I is much more restrictive in relationships, both by sex and race, presumably because they have companion back-stories that involve discrimination and bigotry. Personally, I think this quite regressive compared to DA:2, since it means you have go with the writers' actually implementing racial and sexual bigotry into their characters, which is weird.