Originally Posted by Gt27mustang
Originally Posted by Dragon_Master
I think Siege of Dragonspear's biggest problems is its narrative dissonance since it was just kind of put in between two games.

True. Beamdog knew where they started and knew where the game should end because there was already a game right after that in the time line, hence the railroading. But we ALL knew that going in, so every body acting pissed because it's too linear, honestly, what did you expect? We all already knew the ending, dont act surprised🤦‍♂️

I'm not surprised at all, merely voicing an issue with Siege of Dragonspear. The Baldur's Gate games are still fun, there are plenty of creatures in the Underdark, not all are meant for higher level parties.

I mean, I just look at Critical Role. The very first arc they streamed in Campaign 1 took them to the Underdark where they were fighting Durogar and infiltrating a city of Mind Flayers and I think they were all level 7-9 at the time. So depending on how things go in Baldur's Gate 3 it can make sense for our characters to be in the Underdark but not too deep into it.

Ah well. I enjoy the Baldur's Gate games and I'm looking forward to early access this August (maybe).

"I used my last magic poo to check in on my daughter." Scanlan Shorthalt.