Originally Posted by Gt27mustang
Off topic rant...

I think SOD reviews were bashed intentionally. The expectations were too great, the intifnity engine fans and Baldur's gate fans were ruthless and unpleasable. The game was doomed to live up to the hype, nevermind the expectations. It just couldn't succeed.t

This is not truth. If you read the negative reviews, you will see a lot of reasonable arguments. But only because someone is criticizing something, doesn't means that people would't buy...

Originally Posted by Dragon_Master

I think that the same issues of Infinity Engine and Baldur's Gate purists exist for BG3. There are people, especially on the Steam forums, who just will not let the fact that the game is four person party (that we know of) and TB rather than RTwP somehow disqualifies it from being a Baldur's Gate game.

I can say with some confidence that there will be people who buy this game just to give it a negative review because it isn't perfectly what they want a Baldur's Gate game to be.

Well, Neverwinter from 1991 was the first graphical mmorpg and was turn based. Neverwinter nights changed it to real time with pause and NOBODY criticized NWN1/2 by it. In fact, Larian is far more experienced with turn based and other RtWP games like Pathfinder Kingmaker/Wrath of The righteous and PoE 2 Deadfire are getting turn based options.

Originally Posted by Gt27mustang
]
Yes, they are fun, even today. Wasn't trying to sound like an ass btw, wasn't targeting you. It's all good 👍 I'm more worried about the "hardcore" BG fan that will probably buy BG3, play it, enjoy it, and still trash talk it on the forums because it wasn't this and that... These guys are stuck in 1998 there's just nothing to do about it.

Considering that we got a lot of TRASH D&D adaptations, mobile cashgrabs, sword coast legends, neverwinter mmo, and arguably, SoD is decent compared with that titles, i see that they will probably purchase BG3. Even if they criticize it.

IMO BG3 will be great. Good as BG2? No. I will play more than Pathfinder Wrath of The Righteous? Probably not. A game which you can even become a lich and reanimate bosses seems far more interesting to me than a low level game.

Is not that for me it is a necessity, is just that i don't see lichdoom on CRPG's since M&M VIII - Day of the destroyer.

Last edited by SorcererVictor; 16/06/20 03:55 AM.