Originally Posted by Sordak

Do you understand where im getting here?
The Orcs are Evil because the Orcs do not represent Humans. The Orcs represent a savage existential threat and the fear of Savagery overcoming civility in Human minds.
They are the shadow on the wall of the primeval cave. Not neccesarily orcs but all kinds of Eivl creatures.

Correct, but it's more general than that. It's the fear of "the other". If someone/something is not attuned to the way you do things, then it's wrong, or inferior, or evil.

It is always easy to demonise "the other" in any society, you just need to find the right lever, be that political, religious, nationalist, racial...the list of ways you can divide a society into "us" and "them" is quite extensive.

So long as "us" is the group in control of a society, such division can work both when "us" is a minority, which leads to elitist fear of "the other", and when "us" is a majority, which leads to oppressive fear.

Most of us ( and I include myself ) have acquired subconscious bias as a consequence of growing up in our societies; our families, friends, the news media, politicians, religious leaders and so on, all influence us to a particular worldview.

I have no problem myself with fantasy races being identified as the primeval fear of civilised society, or the embodiment of evil / chaos etc, but would not want it to be achieved by portraying them using characteristic traits of existing human groupings.