Ah Fallacy Man.
well fallacy fallacy. You seeing a logical fallacy where there is none because beeing on the internet has trained you to look for them has no bearing on the actual argument.

So you lable the point of the entire argument a red herring?
well mabye youre just having a different argumen from the rest of us alltogehter, congratulations.

Youre misrepresenting my argument by claiming they are metaphors, a metaphor and a stand in is something different.
a metaphor is something you use to explain something, a stand in is something you use to make an otherwise boring story more interresting or compelling.

Hence why a race of EVIL people makes for a more compelling case to play a paladin.
and no, "nuance" is not an argment here, not everyhting is improved by bringing moral relativism into it.
The "Goblin babies" dilemma has been played out a few too many times for it to still be interresting. To the point that id argue that Goblin slayers no nonsense approach to it is the most novel way of dealing with it weve had in years.

youre also missing the point about Orcs and Drow. Its no longer a deviation if its the norm isnt it?
Yes, good drow and good orcs have existed in the lore.
Which is exactly why this move by WOTC is irrelevant. They already were there but they were so in a way that was integrated into the world, rather thanone that was made to make an in real life point.

Agian im wondering if youre just projecting here. You appear to be diverting hard.

Not to mention you making nonsense arguments. Where are we? How about you read the thread title. or the URL of the website youre on.
On my table, i can decide what Drow and Orcs are (and especialy i can have them not exist). In baldurs gate 3 i dont get to make that choice. Im at the mercy of a few hacks like mearls and crawford to not force a passionate developer to accept their california drivel.

Much ado about nothing?
I dont know, if its nothing, why are you even here.