Originally Posted by Stabbey

You are equating the ability of players to reload with manually entering numbers into every dice roll if they don't like it. Would you prefer if the game keeps one save file and one save file only and overwrites it, writing to the hard disc, with each and every dice roll, just to prevent some random people from possibly save-scumming?

If you say you do prefer that ridiculous, resource-intensive system, you are trolling, go away. If you say you do NOT prefer that system, you only bothered equating the two things to stir up trouble. Hence, you are still trolling, go away.

Erm, doesn’t look like trolling to me.

Anyway, I agree that Larian don’t need to add anything to make save scumming even easier, especially if that gives the impression that’s it’s a “proper” way to play the game. I still think the key is to encourage players accept whatever the role is, by making it fun to fail at least sometimes. In most games passing checks equals best outcome, but apparently that’s not always the case here. Also you might not know the real consequences until later.

However Aurok did mention one interesting idea- to allow players to replace the on screen dice roll with rolling a physical dice. Sure it’s completely unnecessary and ripe for being abused, but I quite like it anyway.