Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
This is likely a really fringe issue that doesn't bother a lot of people in the playerbase, but it is something that is holding me back from enjoying several of the races in the game.
I basically just want to ask for one specific female head to be available to more races (in my opinion, especially Half-Elves)

So, the face I would like to be added to more races is "Female Tiefling - Head 6": https://i.imgur.com/LlhntoC.png

You simply cannot achieve anything even remotely close to this magnificent dommy mommy septum piercing gf - straight out of 2006 look with any of the current Half-Elf, Human or Elf faces: https://i.imgur.com/6MzhwId.png

If this head is added to Half-Elves when Larian implements the possibility of changing your characters' looks, the world would be a better place <3

TLDR; Add "Female Tiefling - Head 6" to the female Half-Elf head lineup.

Add Female Tiefling - Head 6 to more races?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 30/08/23 01:10 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Last edited by Kafkatrap; 30/08/23 01:18 AM.
addict
addict
I chose no just to f you up.

Try to look for mods.

Seen plenty of face mods out there in the wilds.

Last edited by Dext. Paladin; 30/08/23 03:07 AM.

Councellor Florrick's favorite Warlock.

Back Black Geyser's DLC: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-dlc-tales-of-the-moon-cult (RTwP Isometric cRPG inspired by BG1).
Z
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Jhe'stil Kith'rak
Z
Shouldn’t have made the last choice on that poll so funny

ETA:

ALSO IVE SAID IT BEFORE BUT ILL SAY IT AGAIN. EVERY TIME SOMEONE USES THE PHRASE “DOMMY MOMMY” THE GHOST OF SIGMUND FREUD CUMS.

Remember the human (This is a forum for a video game):
veteran
veteran
Nope, that face is already featured prominently with Alfira and I don't think, it needs to be recycled.
I wouldn't be against more face options though, just not existing ones for different races.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Dext. Paladin

Try to look for mods.

So it's not even about agreeing or disagreeing then. I realise that it was naïve of me to include a *fair* poll.
A good game shouldn't need mods, BG3 should be a better game.

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Originally Posted by fylimar
Nope, that face is already featured prominently with Alfira and I don't think, it needs to be recycled.
I wouldn't be against more face options though, just not existing ones for different races.

That could be said for most of the shared faces with random NPC's.
It's not like the modified "human" version of the head is even remotely similar to the Tiefling version, the suggestion was made because of what an easy fix it would be to add one of the better looking faces to another race. C'mon, look at the faces we have... Look at the female human faces we have, 80% of them are derpy.

I agree that more faces would be the preferrable option, but if I were to suggest that the usual counterargument that always comes up when requesting fringe features like character customization options is "Well I think that the devs should focus on fixing bugs instead" (as if the two were mutually exclusive)

So yeah, I don't agree we should be limiting player choice because a random NPC has that face.

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Zerubbabel
Shouldn’t have made the last choice on that poll so funny

ETA:

ALSO IVE SAID IT BEFORE BUT ILL SAY IT AGAIN. EVERY TIME SOMEONE USES THE PHRASE “DOMMY MOMMY” THE GHOST OF SIGMUND FREUD CUMS.

Yeah I was naïve enough to include that last option.
Since you're familiar with Sigmund Freud, I'm sure you know why. Of course people would subconsciously chose an option that limits their free choice.

addict
addict
Actually good games should simply support mods as well as possible.

Because no game developer can realistically produce as much material as the gamer crowd can do once they like a game.

But yes, it would be great to have a good selection of faces from the get go.

What BG3 currently has, well, I've seen even worse (Knights of the Old Republic 2 comes to mind, not a single good choice. And they could have just reused that KotoR1 offered, since KotOR1 had almost nothing but great portraits). But I've also seen much better.

As it stands right now, I typically only use one of the choices available. Thats because the other choices are either asian or black (which is fine but I dont play them) or, well, unfortunate looking.

Male humans, I dont like any of the choices. They all look so naive.

Gnomes, HORRIBLE. Literally: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scream - That was clearly their inspiration for Gnome faces. I can only get them to work, somewhat, using the really large beards.

Originally Posted by fylimar

OK but I dont see any issue with the OPs suggestion for a face. Just that reusing faces used on other races would be a bit of a lazy option.

Last edited by Halycon Styxland; 30/08/23 08:01 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Halycon Styxland
As it stands right now, I typically only use one of the choices available. Thats because the other choices are either asian or black (which is fine but I dont play them) or, well, unfortunate looking.

Basically, it's the same for me. For humans and tieflings I only use NPC heads added by a mod and gnomes, dwarves, elves and half-elves I only ever use 1 head model (I don't play halfpints, gith, orcs or dragonborn). The choice of heads is ... unfortunately very limited.

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K

Gnomes, HORRIBLE. Literally: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scream - That was clearly their inspiration for Gnome faces. I can only get them to work, somewhat, using the really large beards.

I agree, the non-caucasian faces are great! But when it comes to Elves and Half-Elves, the caucasian faces all basically look the same, and if they don't look same'y they look derpy (Female Elf - Head 2, looking at you especially)
As for Human female faces, they all look derpy.

OK but I dont see any issue with the OPs suggestion for a face. Just that reusing faces used on other races would be a bit of a lazy option.

Yep it might be considered lazy, but I'd rather have a "lazy" solution than being stuck with the limited selection of faces we have access to right now. Player character customization options is important especially when it comes to role playing games.
I could have requested an (almost) free choice between any of the face options really, but that would just have invited all manners of criticisms and derailed the thread. Limiting my request to one specific face that would work great for any of the races I mentioned wouldn't be asking for "too much".

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Kafkatrap

Try to look for mods.

So it's not even about agreeing or disagreeing then. I realise that it was naïve of me to include a *fair* poll.

LMAO, it was a serious polL???

"No, players shouldn't be allowed to use the cute Tiefling head on other races (also, I'm a bad person)"

Councellor Florrick's favorite Warlock.

Back Black Geyser's DLC: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grapeocean/black-geyser-dlc-tales-of-the-moon-cult (RTwP Isometric cRPG inspired by BG1).
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Kafkatrap

Try to look for mods.

LMAO, it was a serious polL???

"No, players shouldn't be allowed to use the cute Tiefling head on other races (also, I'm a bad person)"

Your first sentence kind of proved the point of the cheeky parenthesis.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
look, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, pun intended. sure, i'd love more face options, more options period actually with sliders etc... but i knew going into the game, since i played EA that we weren't getting that. i also knew this game would be deliberately MOD FRIENDLY. pretty much most players will always want more options to tweek and make their characters more individual and to their liking, for whatever reason like looks, RP, or just to stand out more, it's in our nature. this game is already a pretty massive DL, adding all those extra features, with all the deliberate cut scenes would also add into the size of the game. this is why some game makers, make a choice between more options for character creation or the game itself, because all that would bloat the game more. players are given a choice to add more to the game if they want to via the welcomed mods, so we can all play the game the way we want too.

at least we're given far more options than NW...

addict
addict
some of the non caucasian faces look like stereotypes and awful. The one asian looking male face looks awful. Who did they model these heads after, anyway? There's very few of them that are remotely attractive and I cannot take them seriously.

Dragonborn I'm fine with, they're not human...ish.

Dwarves share faces with the other races but halflings and gnomes(gnomes particularly) look dumb. I can't take them seriously, their proportions are all out of whack, too.

That said, for elves and to a lesser degree half elves, I would have liked the options for more slender, angular faces. Elves are supposed to be delicate and elegant, not super thin humans.

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Cheallaigh
look, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, pun intended. sure, i'd love more face options, more options period actually with sliders etc... but i knew going into the game, since i played EA that we weren't getting that. i also knew this game would be deliberately MOD FRIENDLY. pretty much most players will always want more options to tweek and make their characters more individual and to their liking, for whatever reason like looks, RP, or just to stand out more, it's in our nature. this game is already a pretty massive DL, adding all those extra features, with all the deliberate cut scenes would also add into the size of the game. this is why some game makers, make a choice between more options for character creation or the game itself, because all that would bloat the game more. players are given a choice to add more to the game if they want to via the welcomed mods, so we can all play the game the way we want too.

at least we're given far more options than NW...

I agree, so copy/pasting one line of code from one place to another so you can use a specific face on another race isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.
And yes, I know a modder could probably do this very thing. However that in itself isn't a good counterargument as to why Larian couldn't do this themselves, especially considering they are going to let players change their appearance in the near future.

Finding the current faces a bit derpy seems to be a common complaint after all and most of us seem to have a "go-to" face option. I say we have the greatest chance of getting a head or two copied from one race to another (where those alternatives fit in lore-wise ofc), to increase player customization options, now that Larian are going to go through the character appearance code anyway.

[Persuation] So if we stop squabbling amongst eachother and just work together, we might have a shot at advocating for this change.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
I feel your pain, OP. There's a human female head that I wanted to use on my half-elf, but no dice...

Personally, I wish that the different "heads" were simply presets we could modify with the full range of sliders found in other sword & sorcery games (Conan Exiles, Elder Scrolls, Dragon's Dogma, etc).

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Larathiel
I feel your pain, OP. There's a human female head that I wanted to use on my half-elf, but no dice...

Personally, I wish that the different "heads" were simply presets we could modify with the full range of sliders found in other sword & sorcery games (Conan Exiles, Elder Scrolls, Dragon's Dogma, etc).

The most satisfying character I've ever created in a game was in Elder Scrolls Oblivion, because after a couple of hours of very carefully tweaking the endless sliders, I managed to create something that more or less looked like a person's face. While nothing special compared to most other games, she was goddess in the land of the potato people.

Last edited by Dagless; 30/08/23 08:08 PM.
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Larathiel

Agreed, but even if that was implemented to character creation i would want that "Female Tiefling - Head 6" template to be available on more races.

Link Copied to Clipboard