Originally Posted by Deepack
I also created an account to join in on this massive disappointment with the ending.

In early access, I spent 300 hours playing the game in various ways. I couldn't wait for the full version to finally come out. I even took time off work for the release, knowing it would completely immerse me, and surely it wouldn't end with just one playthrough. I went through the whole adventure with my jaw dropped to the ground, fascinated by how incredibly expansive it was. The complexity and the vast possibilities of completing missions in dozens of different ways made a huge impression. Practically all missions can be done as you want and with the ending you want, except for one...

I finished the campaign for the first time and I just couldn't believe that's how it ends. I was entirely convinced that I must have missed something or just encountered some kind of bug. Now that I know it's not a bug, my disappointment is so immense that I don't even have the desire to continue in any other possible way. Knowing how hopeless the ending is, I simply don't want to. The last time I felt such disappointment with an amazing game and a terrible ending was after finishing Mass Effect 3.

I completely fail to understand the logic behind Karlach death, as many others have written. Throughout the entire game, we are given hints that her engine can be repaired and everything will be okay. It's a completely nonsensical ending for the most intriguing companion in the game. The character of Karlach was made tragic in this game, which she absolutely didn't deserve. She spent 10 years as a slave, fighting in a war she never wanted to be a part of, until she finally managed to escape, only to be turned into a squid and losing her soul, dying, or ending up back where she started, under Zariel's wing.

I think everyone knows that life isn't fair, and in a place where we want to escape from that, it shouldn't be reminding us of this. I hope Larian sees the error of their ways and corrects this mistake, because it is a mistake and nothing else.

Agreed, whether mistake or error, we can only hope the issue is rectified in the future.