Originally Posted by Madscientist
Second would be Nier:Automata (absolutely linear, but one of the best atmoshere and music ever, sometimes you just want to stand there, look at the landscape and listen to the music)

Many people I talk to rave about Nier:Automata. But I just can't get past the robot dinosaurs. Ugh.

Originally Posted by Madscientist
I did some reading about the gods and now I am totally confused.Looks like each new edition of DnD starts with a world changing desaster that completely messes up with who is alive or not, what powers do they have and what is possible or not.

Within the Forgotten Realms fandom, this type of event is known as an RSE (Realms shaking event). Towards the end of the 3.5e era, WotC was pushing out an RSE every year. People just got sick of it all. Every year, every person living in the Realms went through an RSE, a catastrophe to end all catastrophes. Then, you finally somehow survive the RSE and get through it only to find yet another catastrophe to end all catastrophes waiting for you around the corner. It was ridiculous. The whole Spellplague business was supposed to finally move us away from that model. And for a few years we were free of RSEs. But now WotC is back in the business of RSEs one after the other. Why? Because RSEs are what sell source books and game modules.