Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by Iamblitzwing

Couldn't you make an exception for this one furry and fluffy bear? Joking aside, I find it Interesting that you should say that. What makes it non-cannon for you?

It was released 15 years after the original and, most importantly, I didn't like the additions (though I must say I didn't explore it much - in BG1:EE new companions were poorly introduced clearly breaking design conventions and sticking out like a sore thumb. Though, nothing I have heard suggests that I am actually missing much). Luckily, in BG2 new companons didn't violently thrust themselves on you, so I didn't much care.

Dragonspear is on my list "to play" but for some misterious reason I can't get to it.

Originally Posted by Iamblitzwing

Animals are poor at conversation, however they make an excellent point for conversation. Imagine going to a tavern with an animal! It would create a great scene, maybe the owners or bartenders would throw or order you out of the bar! An example of the top of my head, or maybe an animal doesn't know how to behave in a tavern or in a city causing a lot of issues.

You wanna romance an animal like Wilson the bear? I don't blame you. Have you heard his voice?

Possibly. I really liked being able to introduce my pet companion as a ranger in PoE2 to everyone. I would definitely take a fluffy bear over a novelty mind-flayer companion, or whatever else was suggested before. As long as Wilson will have "bear hug" ability, granting a companion a bonus roll to morale I am good.

They should do the Grizzly-man thing though. Everytime your rest in camp there is a chance the bear with turn on you and eat your face while you sleep.

Considering the dog in DA:O was my favourite companion, perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea afterall.
https://youtu.be/5xufYmNy9mc

EDIT. They do have a glorous bear model in BG3 already:
https://imgur.com/RyDwtAP

Fair point. I don't mind the EE content whatsoever, but I don't really have any intentions of playing Dragonspear either. I don't know, I think I prefer having the gap in between BG1 and BG2 than this new story thrown in.

That bear model does look awesome! Thanks for linking it.