Originally Posted by Raze
Time and resources were still put into officially adding the translations (legal, local QA, updates and fixes, general QA with updates on all platforms, etc).
I do not have the regional sales numbers, and do not know if there was a significant increase in sales due to the localisations or how the increase in sales compares to the cost of doing a full professional localisation. If it was as beneficial as you assume for D:OS, wouldn't that make an Italian localisation more likely for BG3 after release?
Have you not followed the development of any other games / creative projects? It it not unusual that plans in place when a project is first announced are changed, to various degrees, more than a year later (BG3 didn't even have a save system with the first gameplay reveal, which was some time after the announcement).

I know many friends (including mysef) who have bought DOS 2 after your game has been translated by TIGER, basically for free, so you received my money and my friends money aswell (underserved) for something you didn't even consider to do by yourselves.
So your "more localizations will be considered later" is basically "we either gona get italian dialogues translated for free by TIGER or some other indipendent group for free or else you can just f**k yourselves".
Keep your game, in Italy we feel so outraged right now that it is better for you that you stick to your guns and avoid italian localization completely, it is not gona sell well here anymore.

Last edited by Trynd; 21/08/20 10:45 AM.